Product Project Manager
- United States
Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, we’re flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers’ and employers’ wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As a Product Project Manager, as a member of the Delivery Team, you will bring both product management and project management skills to the process of taking new features from inception to deployment. Your knowledge of digital product development, and a spirit of agility, will be an asset to our fast-paced, growing business.
You will be joining a passionate team of engineers, designers, and knowledge workers who are building digital product for lifestyle wellness and enterprise health solutions.
We’re seeking someone who is solution-oriented, pragmatic, and consensus-driven in their approach to rapidly building iterative software to solve real problems in our product and technical domains.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to develop iterative features and solutions from conceptualization to product delivery.
- Help support data-driven estimation, continuous delivery, and ruthless pragmatism in how teams forecast and execute on business objectives across a varying range of scope and complexity.
- Gather and manage business requirements with stakeholders, work with design and development teams to produce implementation plans, and then execute into delivered solutions.
- Own the team ceremonies and communications necessary to support project team success. Be ready to standardize on the daily standup model, but capable of adapting based on the needs of the project and the team.
- Function as point person for project communications, identifying and helping to remove blockers
- Participate in department roadmap and resource planning
Experience / Qualifications
- 3+ years of professional experience supporting digital product delivery in a project management role, in a complex software environment
- Experience using a project tracking tool and leading daily standups and cadenced retrospectives, knowledge of Jira a strong plus
- Strong written and communication skills, capable of breaking down complexity into tangible units of information
- Experienced at gathering requirements and use cases from internal and external stakeholders in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to balance the need for listening and understanding with the ability to direct and drive accountability
- Data-driven mentality and high comfort level with establishing and tracking metrics
- Experienced running prompt but thorough meetings with clear agendas and outcomes and capable of leveraging asynchronous mediums to drive action / decisions in lieu of meetings
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong interest and / or familiarity with UX and user-centered design
- High-level knowledge of modern web software tooling and frameworks such as Django / Rails / Elixir, React, iOS, Android, Docker/Kubernetes
- Familiarity with email management tools and best practices
- Familiarity with GSuite productivity tools
- PMP Certification
Bachelor’s degree in an information/comp-sci program or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Who We Need: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth of a startup
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
What You Get:
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.