Product Paralegal at GitHub
Title: Product Paralegal
- Location: Remote – US / Canada
GitHub is looking for a paralegal to join our innovative, tech savvy legal team. Our GitHub CELA (Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs) team has been growing rapidly to scale with the business, and we’re looking for agile, collaborative, innovative professionals to help drive our high performance culture in an environment deeply focused on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. The right candidate will be a self-starter, strong communicator, creative solutions seeker, and collaborative team player who can focus, prioritize, and operate nimbly in a fast-paced environment, managing a myriad of legal support projects with skill, poise, and enthusiasm. A willingness to develop tech skills is also a must – like the developers we serve, we use GitHub to collaborate, ship, and innovate. Your role will sit within our Product and Regulatory Legal team, providing paralegal and program management support for our product and compliance functions, and will also provide light support to our Legal Operations virtual team. You will also have the opportunity to take on new and varied roles as we continue to scale and grow.
Product and Regulatory Legal
- Support attorneys on complex legal matters and serve as primary legal contact to clients on a wide range of issues, including licensing questions.
- Help build, maintain, and project manage product review workflows and the team’s associated knowledge management database and client-facing self-service guidance.
- Organize and manage trademark portfolio and assist attorneys with trademark prosecution and protection.
- Support subpoena compliance; iterate on existing systems and build new ones to ensure timely and efficient response to legal process in collaboration with our attorneys.
- Provide moderate litigation support, such as tracking discovery deadlines and responses and managing litigation preservation holds.
- Participate in other other projects and initiatives, as assigned from time to time, that help our team support compelling and compliant product ships.
- Assist team members, as needed, on Legal Operations core initiatives.
- Support ongoing work building and maintaining knowledge management systems.
- Help the team build a data-forward environment, telling easy-to-understand stories through dashboards and business intelligence tools.
- Minimum of 5 years of paralegal experience.
- Commitment to professionalism and personal growth, with a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork as a path to success.
- Flexibility in a face-paced and remote/decentralized work environment.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and execute on numerous simultaneously active projects.
- Excellent communication skills, judgment, and diplomacy.
- Ability to learn, scale, and grow with an organization.
- Excitement about the software developer community and GitHub’s vision to be the home for all developers.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- A basic understanding of software coding and comfort with new technology adoption.
- Experience in a software start-up and/or enterprise software company.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!