Product Owner II
Product Owner II, Pipeline Enablement
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
This role will work in Hosting Services using agile methods to deliver key technology in direct alignment with business strategies.
The primary location for this role is Dover, however the hiring manager is ready to consider candidates from Boston, Wausau, Indianapolis, Seattle or remote.
The Pipeline Enablement Product Owner will serve as the primary point of accountability for the enablement of CI/CD practices and tools for IT Development Teams, Central IT, and other business customers for the Secure DevOps Platform team. You’ll deliver an end to end solution that is cost-efficient and enables development teams to build and deploy with ease and focus on their applications and business logic. You’ll define and prioritize the product backlog for new opportunity areas while representing our IT customers to the other Secure DevOps platform teams. In partnership with the platform Technologist or Architect, you’ll be responsible for articulating and translating the overall technical vision into strategy and tactics for a specific product(s). Accountable for outcomes and key KPI’s tied directly to the platform’s objectives.
About the job:
- Responsible for articulating and translating the overall vision into strategy and tactics for the pipeline enablement product. Communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Responsible and accountable for assigned product level key performance indicators (KPI’s) and manages product(s) with a medium-high degree of strategy, KPI, scope, complexity, etc.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP). Owns product backlog (grooming, prioritization, and refinement)
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around product strategy.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, removes barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the `voice of the customer’.
- Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes. Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Leads problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service.
- Communicates the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members. Incorporates stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field (business, computer science, etc.). Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in business, engineering, technology and/or consulting.
- Experience CI/CD capabilities, Bamboo and Jenkins
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management.
- Able to depict complex ideas, issues, and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on business vision and plan and the impact of change.
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis.
- Able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders-strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem solver with the ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.
We value your hard work, integrity, and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: US-NH-Dover
Other Locations: US-Remote, US-WI-Wausau, US-MA-Boston, US-WA-Seattle
Salary (Pay Basis): 123,600.00-161,800.00
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Shift: Day Job