Product Owner at Digimarc
- Product Management | Remote | Full Time
From product packaging and music to government documents and more, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identity that is reliably and easily scanned. Shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles each take on individual identities within the Digimarc Platform. We are a curious and courageous team and lean on our values to guide our decision making. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans impacting climate change or counterfeit products in our supply chains threatening consumer safety. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DMRC) that has been operating since 1995. Come join us and help contribute to a better future. We are Digimarc.
We are seeking a Product Owner to help our team bring innovative solutions to market. Ideally, you are eager and passionate about transforming business through technology. You possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, are detail-oriented, and understand the importance of fostering genuine relationships. You are looking to become proficient in balancing short-term business needs with long term strategy, making trade-offs when appropriate with business realities, and pushing back when necessary. You have general awareness of the development life cycle and delivery process, and have begun to learn about maintainability, scale, cost, and the need to be adaptable. You are someone that enjoys being part of team and doesn’t shy away from robust conversations and decision making. You use data to influence others on strategic and tactical direction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Consulting and collaborating with your Platform Product Manager partner and other stakeholders as necessary to adequately understand the full technical and business requirements and documenting into actionable stories for our software engineering team.
- Extract, elicit, capture, analyze, refine, and document business requirements and user stories using JIRA, Confluence, and other project/program management tools
- Ownership and facilitator of software meetings/ceremonies (standup, grooming, review, etc.) for deploying our software.
- Collaborating with other product owners to ensure we are partnering and prioritizing our work alongside their initiatives
- Reporting on our progress and success through use of various metrics for velocity, sprint health, testing, retrospectives, etc.
- Contributing to various communications about our team’s deliverables, successes, and status
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Systems, Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Entry level to 1+ years’ experience delivering software as a product owner, product manager or project manager
- Experience managing engineering teams’ work in progress and backlogs
- Strong critical thinking capability
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively across an organization
- Confidence to stand by recommendations in the face of challenges
- Ready to try and take-on new technologies, ideas, and/or product challenges
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge with a good attitude!
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with Kanban & Scrum and other agile and non-agile methodologies
- Familiarity collaborating and coordinating among several teams
- Experience with Data Analytics
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!