Product Operations Manager at Vox Media
Title: Product Operations Manager
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
About the Role
The role will support operations for the core platform team at Vox Media, which is responsible for growing our unique audience and converting them to loyal users. The Product Operations Manager is a strategic project management role, responsible for the oversight and coordination of multiple projects, products, and initiatives across the team’s purview.
What You’ll Do
- Employ a lateral view of platform work, identifying and coordinating interdependencies among projects, products, and other initiatives
- Share visibility into quarterly and annual platform goals, demonstrate progress against those goals, and act as a resource to aid in meeting goals
- Support product, design, and engineering leadership with communication and execution of team initiatives, as well as logistics for any recurring team-wide meetings (and virtual or in-person gatherings)
- Support timeboxed high-impact projects across the team
- Create clear, organized, and referenceable systems of documentation and ensure their adoption across teams
- Build systems to keep our work in sync as it crosses into other teams
- With feedback from the team, iterate on our processes to make us more efficient and productive
What You’ll Bring
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills: clear, efficient, and friendly communication
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Systems thinker; able to build and scale processes
- Able to meet deadlines; flexible and adaptable when plans inevitably change
- Experience managing distributed teams
- Unfailingly calm under pressure
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!