Product Marketing Specialist Solana Beach, California
About Columbus – Columbus converts knowledge into customer value
We at Columbus share name and qualities with one of the greatest explorers of our times, Christopher Columbus, and our tagline Once you know how is, in fact, a Columbus anecdote.
After Christopher Columbus discovered America, critics argued that anyone could have done so. Columbus challenged them to stand and egg upright on the table, and when they failed, he gently broke the shell and stood the egg up. “Gentlemen,” he said, “what you considered impossible is the simplest thing in the world. Anybody can do it once you know how.”
That is what our tag line is all about. Once you know how means that anything is possible, once the method is researched and you have the know-how.
Columbus helps companies digitally transform by converting our knowledge into customer value. And just like our namesake, we are our customers partners to explore the potential of their business.
Do you enjoy developing compelling product and solution positioning, messaging and value propositions? If so, Columbus is seeking a creative and innovative mind to build and establish our brand as a cutting-edge technology consulting firm that will help our clients digitally transform with our innovative technology solutions and business expertise.
We’re evolving and expanding our service offerings and need a strong marketing leader like to drive our digital marketing business, product positioning, while helping us enable and educate our internal and external teams on the value of Columbus.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for building out and communicating our product value to internal and external audiences. This means making our solution and product value propositions real through the creation of product narratives, technical briefs and hands-on experiences, and working to scale our messages and content through a range of different channels. The ideal candidate is a strategist who has interest and understanding of B2B technologies and can work cross-functionally to drive rapid revenue growth for our products and services.
This position reports directly to the Columbus US Marketing Director. This is an individual contributor role, we’re looking for candidates that can carry out marketing initiatives in an autonomous fashion.
This position can be based in one of our offices: Irvine, CA, Minneapolis, MN, Houston, TX, San Diego, CA or remote location.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop compelling product and solution positioning, messaging, value propositions that emphasize the impact of our solutions and services; and the greater vision and strategic narrative that differentiates us from our competitors.
- Identify, develop and/or manage the creation of a variety of content types (written, videos, presentations) as needed to drive business growth and marketing success.
- Manage internal and external collateral and other asset creation including presentations, solution sheets, videos, training tools, white papers, objection handling, FAQs and case studies for clients, sectors, and alliance partners.
- Manage external facing marketing communication channels and tactics including social media, events, webinars, relevant website content.
- Work cross-functionally across departments, and with the executive leadership team to define, create, train, and equip the organization with appropriate support materials that clearly and simply articulate the value proposition to the customer.
- Be the marketing owner for go-to-market planning and, working collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Implement and manage marketing reporting solutions that demonstrate the effectiveness of our activities, and communicate results internally to the group and to senior management.
- Continually develop market and industry knowledge and become a subject matter expert on our competencies and technology. Put in place continuous analysis of competitors and market trends in a fast-moving market, and ensure the whole organization is armed with expertise.
- Work closely with the technology and product team to influence and help shape the product road map to drive new features and adoption.
- 3+ years in marketing, 2+ years of demonstrated experience in marketing products in the B2B Enterprise Software/SaaS/Software
- Understanding of product marketing, including user research, measurement, planning, crafting positioning/messaging, user product education, and developing creative assets (e.g., website content, videos, presentations).
- Track record of developing marketing strategies that deepen user engagement.
- Partner with and influence cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Analytical and metrics-driven, comfortable finding and digging into data and teasing out insights.
- Proven business and analytical skills to conduct market analysis and develop and execute go-to-market plans
- Keen interest in technology with the ability to identify and explain technology, product, and market differentiates
- High energy and drive, our product marketing managers own a critical aspect of the company’s ability to win and therefore need to have the passion and energy
- Excellent oral communication and good writing skills with demonstrable ability to write copy for a range of promotional materials.