Product Marketing Lead
Location: San Francisco
Product Marketing Lead
San Francisco, CA or remote location
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Invitae envisions a world in which genomic sequencing routinely informs lifelong healthcare decisions. We are committed to enabling the utilization of genomic data in order to improve health, catalyze scientific and medical research, and contribute to improved outcomes for everyone.
The product marketing team is a vital part of our commercial team and helps accelerate trial and adoption of our products with a goal of improving access to genetic testing for billions of people. With deep understanding of customer needs and industry dynamics, this team works closely upstream with our product and experience teams and then prepares effective go-to-market and sales enablement programs that grow and support our customers in improving access to genetics. As the team lead, you’ll serve marketing managers dedicated to each of our customer segments with leadership, mentoring and your expertise in product marketing. Working with the product marketing teams, as well as product, MarCom, digital marketing, partnerships, and managed care, your responsibilities will include understanding customer insights, defining product positioning and messaging, planning launches, developing collateral, sales training, and building innovative marketing campaigns.
In this role, you will:
- Understand patient and physician needs, the genetic testing landscape, and the science and technology behind our products
- Lead development of strategic product marketing plans including resource allocation, go-to-market strategies, launch roadmaps and key strategies and tactical plans that meet our internal and external customers’ needs
- Build customer engagement that results in customer delight and satisfaction
- Collaborate with internal teams including Medical Affairs on collaborations and scientific studies to improve access to genetic testing
- Engage in market research to determine customer needs via formal surveys, advisory boards, KOL interviews, and feedback from sales, service, medical and executive teams
- Use data to analyze product-related performance metrics and industry utilization trends
- Support sales training teams to develop materials and product training for the sales team and serves as resource to identify and work through hurdles and plan field-based activities
What You Bring:
- MBA preferred but not required
- Previous product marketing experience in healthcare, preferably diagnostics or laboratory products
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing integrated and innovative marketing campaigns
- Proven track record in the ability to inspire, manage, and develop talent
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to be decisive
- Passion for building compelling brands
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong sense of urgency and purpose in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for transforming healthcare
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.