Product Manager, Vault Enterprise, Insights and Intelligence
US or Canada, Remote
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Vault Enterprise is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud security platform. It provides operations, multi-datacenter, and governance capabilities above Vault open source. Vault Enterprise has lots of interesting data like which users have accessed what secrets and when, but currently Vault does nothing higher-level with this information. We want to change that by building Insights capabilities to surface behavior patterns and then build Intelligence capabilities to automatically optimize that behavior by using statistical models and machine learning. We announced the first part of this initiative with Vault Advisor, our project to optimize Vault’s security policies based on real-world usage.
This role is ideal for someone who has interests in data visualization, machine learning, and just finding ways to simplify user experience through practical use of data. You will work Vault Enterprise customers who are business decision makers, technical decision makers, and practitioners.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from enterprise customers, engineering, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- Define the product roadmap and strategy
- Write product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Lead sales engineers and support education sessions
- Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization or ML products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of DevOps, SaaS and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.