Product Manager, Tutoring at Stride, Inc.
Product Manager, Stride Tutoring (Remote)
Job Category: Marketing and Sales
Requisition Number: MARKE029476
Reston, VA 20190, US
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
Stride Tutoring is an exciting new startup within Stride’s portfolio of companies, focused on building and scaling an innovative educational marketplace that connects tutors and students. Our aim is to enable students to achieve their educational goals through receiving high-quality, personalized online tutoring from expert, certified teachers. Over time we plan to expand this marketplace further to serve a broader set of educational needs for a wider range of customers.
As Product Manager, you will drive product strategy, set product priorities, and own product outcomes for core feature sets within the Stride Tutoring application. You will partner closely with product and business leadership, engineering, design, marketing, customer support, sales, and other cross-functional teams to define and deliver a product that our customers love. This position reports to the Principal Product Manager, Stride Tutoring.
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Lead product development for core feature sets within the Stride Tutoring platform, actively understanding and helping to shape the business strategy through identifying ways that we can create a differentiated and delightful product experience
- Define product outcomes and drive product development to achieve those outcomes
- Lead the product strategy and execution through ideation, scoping and proof of concept to test product hypotheses and reduce product risk
- Work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to adoption and take ownership of the outcomes
- Own your product roadmap informed by in-depth customer discovery, competitive insights, and a strong grasp of the technical requirements
- Know your customers deeply. Put yourself in users’ shoes and profoundly understand their pains; talk to customers a lot, drive value for customers proactively, and understand their explicit and implicit motivations.
- Drive toward simple solutions over complex ones and create clarity over ambiguity; break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Perform ongoing research into the tutoring industry and actively follow emerging trends to be a trusted advisor to the business’s general manager and product leadership team
- Develop business cases for product investment with the objective being to get them approved by the Stride SVP Steering Committee, as needed
- Be the connective tissue between customers and stakeholders; work closely with business leadership, engineering, design, marketing, customer support, sales, and other cross-functional teams through discovery, development, go-to-market, and optimization
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in product development
- At least five (5) years of product management experience and well-developed leadership skills
- Experience with modern digital product management approaches – e.g., Lean/customer-centric product development, design thinking, or Amazon’s “Working Backwards” model
- Extensive firsthand experience with design, development, and implementation of tech products
- Laser focus on driving customer value
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting, financial planning, and business operations
- Knowledge of modern tech stack of cloud applications
- Analytical mind and great critical thinking skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities and history of success collaborating with executives across an organization
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- A passion for technology, continuous delivery, and working toward customer outcomes
- Ability to quickly drill down to solve problems and take ownership of the resolution
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Ability to partner cross-functionally to drive complex strategic projects
- Excellent management skills with the ability to work to deadlines and successfully lead multiple initiatives
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
- BS/BA in business, technology, computer science or relevant field; MBA is a big plus
- Relevant product management training and/or certifications
- Online marketplace experience
- Startup experience
- Online education industry experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $96,000 to $190,000. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities