Product Manager – SAAS at OnceHub
Product Manager – SAAS
- Location: Cape Town WC ZA or Remote
OnceHub (www.oncehub.com) is an innovative and thriving Software-as-a-Service company that provides a feature-rich scheduling platform to businesses. At OnceHub we re all about powering organizations with smart scheduling solutions that shorten time-to-engagement in all phases of the customer lifecycle.
We are a remote-first company, where almost all our teams work from home. We’re a team of passionate and driven individuals living and working remotely across seven countries and five continents. We have ambitious growth plans and right now, we have team members already in the UK, Ireland, India, Israel, New Zealand, South Africa, and the USA.
As we are growing rapidly, we now require talented Product Managers to drive our products as well as to lead the design and development of our new mobile apps for Android and iOS. You will be engaged in various projects throughout the entire product lifecycle. This is an exciting role which will allow you to take full control of your product area.
In this role, you will:
- Own the product roadmap end to end
- Set overall product vision, strategy, and objectives in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Carry out market competition analysis and user research
- Communicate directly with customers to understand their needs and identify target use cases
- Define product requirements, including user flows, wireframes, and system diagrams
- Prioritize product initiatives based on based on quantitative and qualitative data, business strategy, and market context
- Own and execute release strategy in close coordination with marketing and development
- Conduct usability testing in collaboration with UX design team
- Work with technical leads and development teams in an agile environment to ensure implementation is high quality and strategically aligned
- Communicate risks and manage change in real time
- Provide internal training and cross-departmental communication for new features
- Analyze usage metrics to validate expected business impact, and iteratively adjust the product roadmap in response.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
- A degree from a reputable University.
- Ideally, previous experience as a Product Manager in a B2B SAAS company but we will consider candidates with other relevant experience
- Native English speaker or English at a very high level
- Experience in leading and driving execution with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to write comprehensive documents in a clear, concise and structured manner.
- Committed to excellent quality output
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in implementing products using Agile methodologies a plus but not required
Desired qualities in a PM:
- Takes responsibility, knows how to get things done – does whatever is needed to get the job done; doesn t make excuses; takes feedback well and learns from it
- Curious – thinks beyond the boundaries of predefined scope
- Creative – thinks outside the box; falls in love with the problem, not the solution
- Servant leader/team player – be a leader by setting an example, getting your hands dirty when necessary, collaborating well, and helping others to achieve their goals
- Resourceful/good learner – knows how to locate/use available resources in order to get the answer to something they don t know; knows and acknowledges when they don t know something
- Detail oriented/executes well
- Good decision-making – understand what s important and what s not, be able to assess the impact/risk/effort/benefit (including customer and internal stakeholder needs) and make a well-reasoned decision about priority and direction based on this assessment
- Story-teller – knows how to connect all the pieces into a cohesive narrative (create order from chaos, give/find direction in uncertainty)
- Technical aptitude – high level system design understanding – need to know enough/be able to learn new technical areas enough to have intelligent conversation and make decisions
- Communication – can communicate between internal stakeholders and across departments, as well as externally with customers
- Analytical skills – be able to analyze data and get meaningful conclusions from it, ask the right questions, be able to identify all the relevant pieces of a system and identify the relationship between them
- Business/Market sense
- Strategic thinker
- Research skills – research user needs, market fit, carry out user research and usability testing
This is a remote, work from home role which saves you commuting time and allows flexibility. Hours are 8am to 5pm or 9am to 6pm (GMT +2), Monday to Friday with occasional evening/weekend work. We offer a competitive salary and development opportunities. You will also have the opportunity to participate in our bi-annual company retreat.
If you want to contribute directly to the growth our excellent suite of products, please send us your CV!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!