Product Manager – Partner Integrations at NerdWallet
Title: Product Manager (Partner Integrations)
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
NerdWallet is in the business of putting personal finance knowledge in your wallet with accessible online tools and expert advice. The personal finance space is fragmented and antiquated; you would play an integral role in fixing that.
We’re seeking a Product Manager to drive the growth of our mortgage vertical’s newest product line. This is a unique opportunity for a highly strategic, customer-obsessed Product Manager who is passionate about product innovation and continuous optimization. You will be involved in both iterating on best-in-class consumer features and owning integrations with top financial institutions to create a more seamless home buying experience for our consumers.
Where you can make an impact:
- Drive growth of our mortgage vertical: You’ll achieve this by developing and executing a well-thought-out product strategy and roadmap. You’ll deliver features that uniquely prioritize the user’s best interests while also driving user engagement and revenue (short and long-term).
- Delight consumers and deliver business outcomes: You’ll do this through both product innovation and product optimization by deeply understanding consumer journeys and their (often unspoken) pain points, and by presenting clear, measurable objectives that will lead to also achieving business goals.
- Robust collaboration with cross-functional teams: You’ll drive the development, prioritization and execution of product roadmaps in collaboration with our PEDD (Product, Engineering, Data, Design), Business and Marketing teams.
- Drive new feature development from start to finish: You’ll define products, write specs, work cross-functionally with design and engineering, launch features, analyze results, synthesize learnings, and iterate. This position will also hold the Product Owner role on a Scrum team.
- Mentor and support: You’ll be a thought leader, while providing mentorship and support for other members of the product team as we grow and scale.
- A self-starter/team player mindset: You’re excited by a fast-paced environment and the accountability that comes with owning large projects.
- Solid business/strategic intuition: You’re able to identify the right business opportunities, make prioritization calls, and devise clear action plans.
- Strong product intuition and a consumer-first mindset: You have a clear sense of how to gather insights and synthesize consumer needs. You obsess about how to make product experiences intuitive and ensure that you are prioritizing the consumer’s best interest in product decisions.
- Strong collaboration skills: You can look at a complex set of data or user research learnings, synthesize them, and make them accessible to engineers, designers, and executives. You have extensive experience with stakeholder management and can work well in a matrixed organization.
- Design and technical understanding: You have a high bar for quality and can effectively work through design challenges with our Design team to make a great product. You can also work closely with engineers and know how to build incrementally with a focus on the future.
- An analytical approach: You have hands-on experience leading A/B and multivariate testing to evaluate the success or failure of features and use the data to guide next steps.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience at a consumer internet or mobile company.
- Experience at a fast-growing company (ideally a startup).
- Experience with green-field product development, as well as experience with building product capabilities intended for generalized re-use.
- Marketplace and/or adtech experience is preferred.
- Experience with third-party API integrations is a plus.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!