Product Manager – Europe or East Coast U.S. at Grafana Labs
This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applications from a European or east coast North American timezone.
Grafana Labs is the company behind the leading open source projects Grafana and Loki, and the creator of the first open & composable observability platform. Grafana helps companies gain insight into how their applications and users behave, enabling them to iterate and improve faster. Our user base ranges from Wall Street financial firms to small community groups and is in the millions.
Grafana Labs offers two products: Grafana Enterprise and Grafana Cloud. Grafana Enterprise is aimed at large users of Grafana and adds enterprise features (eg extra authentication options) and datasources for commercial products like Splunk, DataDog and New Relic. Grafana Cloud is a SaaS Observability Platform offering hosted version of popular open source projects such as Grafana, Graphite, Prometheus and Loki.
This is an exciting opportunity to actively contribute to helping the Grafana team build products that enables our users to communicate with data and to delight our users.
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you’ll be involved with everything related to our products. You will be expected to be “subject matter expert” on customer’s needs and problems when representing customers to engineering and highly technically proficient when representing the products to customers.
As the “bridge” between the engineering and commercial sides of the company, you should act as a facilitator, connecting the engineering and commercial organisations and ensuring the free flow of information. The teams and people you will be interacting with will be mostly remote/distributed, so strong and proactive communication is essential.
You will work closely with the engineering teams, UX team and Solutions Engineering to collect, curate and represent Customers’ problems and feedback; you will own the roadmaps, collateral and market research. You will help engineering gather evidence to support various tradeoffs and priorities and communicate to customers when we ship new features and improvements.
Working closely with the Commercial Team, you will be responsible for producing presentations and documentation around differentiation, market research and roadmaps. You will assist marketing with the production of collateral such as datasheets, whitepapers and content for the website. And owning the decisions about our Go To Market strategies, pricing, licensing and tiering.
We like to start small, test and iterate. By measuring the impact, we learn and drive innovation. We believe you like to work this way as well. If you’re passionate about metrics, observability and distributed systems, and want to work with open source, this job is for you.
- 3 years’ experience in Product Management for SaaS or Enterprise software
- We prefer Product Managers with a technical background; a Comp Sci degree or 3 years as an engineer, SRE or solutions engineer
- Familiarity with the monitoring, observability, log aggregation or APM market
- Strong communication and consensus-building skills
- Experience in a distributed or remote first teams
What we offer:
- Work in a motivated, highly engaged remote team that’s supportive and open to constructive feedback
- Projects that give you the opportunity to have a large impact, with both our community, customers and colleagues
- Exciting mission and strategy to make an open platform for metrics, logs and tracing – accessible to everyone.
- Flexible hours
- Flexible location (work from anywhere)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Generous vacation policy, 30 paid days plus national holidays
- Help us change the world and overtake proprietary monitoring vendors with open source software.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!