Product Manager Platform Business Services SecureWorks1600137W
SecureWorks is a global leader in providing intelligencedriven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organization in the world is immune from cyberattacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analyzing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using bestofbreed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat. In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. SecureWorks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,200 clients in 59 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. We’ve been consistently recognized by industry analysts, readers’ polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide.
This is a mid-level, high-visibility, and high-impact individual contributor position on the SecureWorks Product Management team. In this position, you’ll own the evolution of critical back office components of the Counter Threat Platform (CTP) that we call “business services”. This includes the technology we use to monitor client health and to deliver our managed services. It also includes our workflow and ticketing systems. “Owning the evolution” means understanding the needs of the business, the capability of the platform to meet those needs, and all constraints (such as budget, data center space, and procedures) that affect the available choices. Your goal will be to identify success metrics for this critical service delivery component and manage the business such that attainment of these metrics is maximized.
This is a highly visible, crossoffering position that touches all of SecureWorks monetizable MSS offers and offers enhanced opportunity for career growth. It’s also an opportunity to create the next generation of delivery capability for the industry’s leading Information Security Services Provider.
In this role, you will work with the director of Product Management to create metrics and goals associated with CTP. This role requires experience in managed services, information security, and technology assessment. You will use internal and external client input, technology knowledge, product management discipline, and experience to define plans and requirements for components that will be highly competitive in the market and can be delivered efficiently through our Security Operations Center.
Own the evolution of the CTP Client Platform, including the underlying data storage, ticketing, and provisioning subsystems and processes. Specifically, this role focuses on the following components:
- Ticketing and workflow
- Provisioning and component update systems (including Account Wizard and Online SIF)
- Data storage (including VLDB)
- Health monitoring subsystems
- Authentication subsystems
- Any additional subsystems that might be required in the future
- Own the technical components of migration from multiple platforms to a single CTP-based technology stack
- Act as a subjectmatter expertise for the CTP-related components of Global Expansion
- Leverage a deep understanding of data flow requirements, service delivery requirements, provisioning workflow, and our ordertocash process to create a winning CTP strategy and plan
- Create and communicate coherent short and long term visions and roadmaps for your components
- Create organizational alignment around portal goals, initiatives, and priorities, particularly as the SecureWorks portfolio evolves and changes
- Review and prioritize: enhancement requests for each development cycle and bugs and efficiency improvements
- Conduct primary and secondary research regarding your component areas with prospects and customers, particularly as it relates to Operations efficiency or the introduction of new technology
- Ensure that enhancements are developed and operationalized to your satisfaction (You are the customer’s voice within the company your customers are internal as well as external)
- Become an authority on your markets and product / service areas
- Work with Marketing to launch new capabilities (this will involve delivering training)
- Manage relationships with major stakeholders, internal business partners, and third-party vendors to the extent that you use third-party technology in CTP
- Create and maintain an environment of transparency, accountability, and success with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Evangelize CTP internally and externally
As a managed security provider, SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 80053. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5 or more years, or equivalent experience in: Managed Services, Security Industry, IT architecture
- A hunger for results and willingness to measure your own performance critically
- Ability to grasp complex issues to arrive at optimal solutions
- An unrelenting focus on client service and client success
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Ability to adjust to new situations
- Strong leadership skills – create/acquire a vision and align others around it
- Management skills necessary to manage self and others to completion of initiatives, even when these others do not report to you
- Analytic skills necessary create and analyze business cases and cost/benefit scenarios
- Communication skills necessary to reach a wide variety of perspectives represented by different, internal groups
- High-level technical understanding of security services and how they may be delivered
- Agile development experience preferred
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
This is a remote position.
SecureWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SecureWorks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SecureWorks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. SecureWorks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SecureWorks encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Product Management
Primary Location North America United States
Shift Day Job
Job Level Individual Contributor
Organization Security Solutions