US – Remote
SpatialKey is looking for a passionate and driven Product Manager. You’ll own a key pillar of our product suite and play a pivotal role defining what we build and guiding the development team through execution. SpatialKey is a fully remote company and we’ve worked incredibly hard from day one to build the best remote work culture possible. The ideal candidate embraces and excels with a high level of autonomy. Remote work isn’t for everyone — we’re looking for someone who thrives with both the freedom and responsibility that it entails.
We’re looking for someone who can really get into the heads of our customers and deeply understand why they’re doing what they’re doing, and how our software can empower them. We serve the insurance industry and create software that up-levels our customers’ ability to assess risk and respond to natural catastrophes. Prior insurance industry expertise isn’t a requirement — but empathy, curiosity, and a strong ability to learn about the industry are critical. We need someone who doesn’t shy away from geeking out over detailed financial calculations and can dive deep into a complex domain.
We have an ambitious roadmap and are armed with the best team in the industry to execute on it. As a Product Manager, you must have years of successful software releases under your belt, a track record of driving a diverse team to execute and complete work, and have a strong command of technical concepts. We want you to be able to do more than just ‘speak the language’ – we want you to step in and challenge things when something doesn’t feel right.
- Drive product development with an awesome team of software developers and designers
- Translate market requirements into detailed functional requirements, use cases, and success criteria to support design and development efforts
- Ensure that product features are suitably prioritized, defined, scoped and developed efficiently through active collaboration with the development team
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Manage and balance tension between client need, market opportunity, and development capacity
- Gather product feedback and use cases directly from clients and from internal sales and account managers to ensure we’re always building the right thing for our customers
- Work with marketing and account management to develop release-readiness collateral and documentation
- 3 years experience at a software company in a role like product owner/manager, project manager, business analyst, or user experience designer
- Ability to understand complex analytic concepts, methods, and business processes
- Maintain an astute attention to detail and produce high quality written documentation
- Decisively define requirements, functional specs, and test case delivery
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to elicit business use cases and requirements and to present and validate design concepts
- Home office that enables a productive work environment
- Experience in an agile environment. We’re not dogmatic about our adherence to structured Agile process, but our process is heavily based on Agile methodology and tailored to what works for us.
- Extra credit for insurance industry experience
- US candidates preferred and an ability to work US business hours is required (your development team spans US time zones)
Why work with us?
We are committed to building a high growth business alongside very supportive clients, who are also pursuing competitive edge and innovation. We have been in business since 2011; and have strong brand recognition and equity, an exciting growth story, and a proven vision. We are committed to an autonomous and remote work environment, but with our entire team working remotely. We are growing deliberately by carefully hiring the best people in the industry.