Product Manager (Remote)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Mattermost, we believe that the future of collaboration is open source. As messaging becomes more entwined in day-to-day workflows, we strive to create a solution that enables teams to do their best work while maintaining their privacy and security.
Our flagship product, Mattermost, is a team messaging solution used in high trust sectors all over the world. With customers across a wide range of industries, Mattermost is used daily for everything from building electric cars to ensuring national security.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a product manager at Mattermost you are responsible for owning a part of one of the world’s largest and most popular open source projects. A focus on our users is at the heart of what we do, and every day you’ll be interacting with both customers and open source contributors.
For this particular role, we are seeking someone with a track record of shipping high quality mobile and desktop consumer applications. If you have a passion for creating great user experiences, and are looking to work in a fast-paced and quickly growing startup environment, you would be a great fit for this role.
Note: This is a remote role, working with Product Managers, Developers, and Designers who are also remote. There may be travel 2-3 times per year for team meet ups.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, and use it to shape product roadmap and team objectives
- Work with developers, designers and QA analysts from our core team and open source community to specify and ship features that provide a world class user experience
- Prioritize ruthlessly, maintaining a laser focus on work that drives improvement on Product KPIs
- Analyze data to determine if shipped features and experiments had the desired impact
- Act as a spokesperson for the product, communicating value internally and externally through demos, roadmap presentations, documentation updates, forum discussions, product marketing and events
- Previous experience working on mobile applications
- Highly detail-oriented, with a track record of shipping products people love
- Proven ability to develop an effective product strategy
- Strong analytical skills, with a data-driven approach to decision making
- Effective communicator, strong at both conversing at a technical level and making recommendations to executive management
- Capable of turning ambiguity into action, and driving meaningful change in a fast paced environment