Product Manager at Society6
Product Manager – Society6
- Remote (US Based)
Society6 is an online marketplace of unique wall art, home decor and lifestyle goods featuring designs by independent artists. With artwork from over 400,000 creators and the knowledge that every purchase pays an artist, Society6 allows you to empower creativity around the world and in your everyday life.
We are seeking a critical-thinking, entrepreneurial, and well-organized Product Manager to help define the roadmap and lead the tactical execution of our search and discovery products.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Product Manager grows with us.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
Society6 is part of Leaf Group, a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands.
You’ll Report To: Director of Product
You’ll be responsible for:
- Owning the overall product strategy and roadmap requirements for the Society6 search and browse experience
- Translating business needs into detailed requirements that clearly state the goals of the product and give an in-depth explanation of the desired functionality
- Gathering data through various methods including A/B tests, market research, customer interviews, and more
- Brainstorming, designing, and building products from concept through to launch driving the feature through the entire development lifecycle
- Creating or managing the delivery of wireframes for pages and/or features to illustrate concepts
- Partnering with the UX and engineering teams to scope and prioritize the projects/features and lead them to completion
- Managing communications around product launches that include partners and key-stakeholders
- Developing necessary product documentation and customer support solutions
- Staying abreast of competition and innovation within the space and use the knowledge to inform requirements and new product features
What You Have:
- 3+ years of significant product management experience with a focus on search and browse features
- Passionate and skilled in building innovative features that leverage the latest technologies including augmented reality (web and app), machine learning, and natural language processing.
- Strong analytics experience; strong familiarity with Google Analytics and Tableau is a plus.
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces including requirements gathering, use case development, UX design, wireframing, and user testing processes.
- Thorough knowledge and a clear understanding of the product development stages and process, and the technologies involved in web and application development.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development Methodology / Scrum.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and initiative; must establish credibility within teams as a knowledgeable, effective contributor.
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial mindset. Not afraid to wear multiple hats no job being too small or too large.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excitement about building a platform that empowers creativity, builds a community, and provides artists with the opportunity to monetize their work.
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably’s 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!