Senior Product Designer
Location: Anywhere in the world
Min. Experience: Senior
Social Report is looking for a seasoned Product Designer to join our growing team. The Design team works tirelessly to create the entire experience that is Social Report: web platform, mobile apps, and all sales and marketing efforts. We’re a tight knit group and proudly do 100% of our design work in-house. Our brand is trusted and used by thousands of companies around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer who will work between Design and Product teams to deliver solutions for a wide range of projects. Step up to the challenge of taking ownership of web app design in an environment where your ideas are heard and you can make a difference. You’ll be working across engineering, product, design and other teams, all of whom are committed to the success of our products.
- Express ideas and product enhancements through sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and any means necessary to clearly articulate a thorough plan.
- Take ownership of design, from concept-to-reality. This includes generating detailed specifications and taking an active, hands-on Design role throughout the entire process.
- Champion and justify new UI patterns that become necessary as we build new products/features that enhance the customer experience.
- Assist the Product team with defining scope and choosing the best approach to constantly ship and improve the product.
- Conduct research when necessary to help define customer problems that aren’t always clear.
- Occasionally write clear, concise copy to communicate to users through the app.
- Use customer usage data, product feedback, recorded user sessions and an evolving set of resources to help influence design decisions. However, you also must be comfortable using your intuition when all of the tools in the world don’t provide a clear-cut answer.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience of web application design and/or native mobile app design.
- Strong UI design sensibilities and a portfolio that showcases your work.
- Designing experiences that are delightful is a priority to you and you have high standards for usability.
- You are a systematic thinker when it comes to Design. You’re always thinking about the relationships between your design elements and how they impact the existing and the whole.
- Comfortable designing with dynamic data sets at a large scale.
- You can acknowledge and respect technology constraints but have an understanding that allows you to push back when necessary.
- You are a collaborative designer and you’re comfortable involving non-designers into the process when necessary.
- You work hard, you’re motivated by owning your work and require minimal supervision.