Product Designer at 0x
Location: Fully-Remote Available
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We’re a mission-driven and diverse team composed of world class talent from Coinbase, Google, Meta, Bitso, Citi, Spotify and other top companies. We are a remote-first and fully distributed company, with team members located across all of the continents besides Antarctica. As early pioneers in the space, we’ve made significant technical contributions to various Ethereum standards over the years; fun fact – our team helped establish the NFT token standard (ERC721).
In joining us, you’ll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We’re passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology’s potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: the open-source, global backbone for decentralized exchange. Alongside the core protocol, we also build and maintain products and service offerings include Matcha, the search engine for tokens and 0x API, the endpoint for multi-chain aggregated liquidity . All of these offerings allow 0x Labs to continue marching towards our vision of building a tokenized world where all value can flow freely at the best prices and with the lowest transaction costs. This way, we can help businesses eliminate the complexity of accessing decentralized markets across all layers of the Web3 exchange stack and have more time to focus on what matters most: their product.
0x currently supports 7 major blockchains: Ethereum, Polygon, Fantom, Avalanche, Optimism, BNB Chain, and Celo, and the 0x ecosystem has been rapidly expanding. With integrations across all of the top wallets and apps, including MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet and Coinbase NFT, Polygon Wallet, Brave, Matcha, dYdX, Zapper, Zerion, and Shapeshift, 0x is fast becoming the trusted standard for all decentralized exchange.
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
0x will serve as the rails upon which the exchange of digital assets takes place. As a Product Designer at 0x, you’ll be involved in every step of the product development process, from brainstorming and contributing new ideas to ensuring design quality and consistency through launch. You’ll work alongside product management and engineering using your broad range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills.
This role entails working on a variety of products, and in collaboration with internal and external teams from projects that drive growth and improve developer experience, increase ZRX community involvement via decentralized governance interfaces, to shaping how 0x is understood by lay and technical audiences. The scope is wide: You may spend part of your days designing for 0x.org and ZRX Portal, graphics to visualize and explain 0x concepts and data, materials for 0x events, as well as helping strategize around governance and community involvement.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re an artist, strategist, and tactician with an intuitive understanding of the power of design from its ability to inspire and educate, to its ability to drive user adoption. You have a strong product and branding instincts with an opinionated visual style. You know when, where, and how to adapt visual design to the spirit of accompanying text, materials, and philosophies.
You care deeply about collaboration and value empathy over ego. You believe in the power of every individual’s creative freedom and are excited to embrace diverse viewpoints. You excel at taking a vision and turning it into something tangible, delightful, and easily digestible.
- Translate complex workflows into simple, compelling solutions, tailored to audiences with differing levels of technical sophistication
- Assist with designing landing pages and collateral for supporting product launches
- Work within and extend 0x’s design system, driving internal and external brand consistency
- Design and prototype simple, elegant flows and experiences
- Collaborate and contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Core team, as well as external stakeholders
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to articulate design rationale
- Contribute to broader design best practices and thinking across the blockchain space
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional partners) by bringing new ideas to the table
- Exceptional portfolio, including work across multiple platforms (web and mobile)
- Empathy for the developer experience and end-user experience, with the ability to create tailored workflows and visual messaging
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and define design constraints
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Experience buying and selling cryptocurrency
- Experience designing for crypto / Ethereum projects
- Experience with illustration
- Experience with interaction / animation
- Familiarity with Figma
- Enthusiasm for publicly representing 0x through blog posts, conferences, presentations, etc
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.