Product Designer at Upwork
Product Designer, Upwork Remote
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today.
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Our Upwork Remote team is responsible for enabling clients to onboard, manage and pay their remote and international workforce. As the dedicated product designer on this team, you will work closely with your PM, Eng, and research partners to design end-to-end experiences from discovery, ideation, through execution and production. You will have a huge impact on a core company initiative.
In this role, you’ll dig into user challenges, define mental models, and uncover ways to provide engaging, intuitive, and high quality user experiences. You’ll also support our mission of creating economic opportunities so people have better lives – and at a time when this is more urgent than ever.
You’ll also be part of a talented, supportive and collaborative team of designers, researchers, and content designers who gather frequently to share work, get feedback, socialize and learn from each other.
- Be curious. Learn about our users, build deep empathy for their needs, advocate for them and deliver impactful experiences that connect their goals to business context.
- Collaborate with our user researchers, product managers, data scientists, developers, and fellow designers to frame problems and take ideas from concept through implementation
- Create designs that are flexible across multiple touchpoints from desktop to mobile.
- Care about quality and the fine details of our product design, producing attractive solutions that encourage trust, connection, and joy
- Communicate and share your concepts to a broad range of partners, ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Further strengthen our design team through mentorship, design critiques and knowledge sharing.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Strong knowledge of your users and determination to keep them and their goals at the heart of everything you do.
- Curious and innovative, asking “what if” and exploring multiple angles and possibilities.
- An excellent teammate. You believe we are stronger together and are energized when you’re in a room (a virtual room) with smart, outspoken people.
- Diligent about design details. You produce pixel tight, attractive work that other companies will look to emulate.
- Experience designing flexible, responsive UIs that are sophisticated for both desktop and mobile
- A strong work ethic and a readiness to focus and commit. You can lead a project from start to finish and passionately pursue high-quality designs that deliver memorable experiences that users will love!
- A growth mentality, You look to tackle new challenges and stretch your abilities to improve the team, the business and yourself.
- You assume the best in people and treat everyone with kindness and respect.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.