Product Counsel, Revenue at Twitter
Product Counsel, Revenue
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life’s not about a job, it’s about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we’ll do what’s right (not what’s easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who We Are:
Product Counsel are key advisors to Twitter’s product and engineering teams, and also work closely with policy and business colleagues. We are passionate about the law and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
What You’ll Do:
- Advance global legal strategy and provide legal advice to Twitter’s Revenue product and engineering teams from the initial stages of product development to launch and beyond.
- Help build scalable and effective processes for providing legal input to clients on strategic product initiatives for the company’s multi-billion dollar ads business (including, for example, Mobile App Promotion, Web Performance Advertising, Ad Formats, Ads Transparency, Ad Review, Ad Measurement, Advertiser Product Experience, Ads API, User Modeling, and Prediction).
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions, including Legal, Compliance, Product, Engineering, Trust & Safety, Policy, Communications, Business Development, and Sales.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant U.S. and international laws and regulations, especially those related to privacy, data protection, and content regulation.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on responses to regulatory audits/inquiries.
Who You Are:
Product Counsel must have a deep understanding of Twitter’s products and business, and an ability to guide clients with clear, practical advice in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for people who are collaborative, self-motivated, curious, creative, and clear communicators (both written and verbal). A successful candidate will have expertise in at least some of the legal areas we face on a daily basis – such as privacy and data protection, content regulation, copyright, advertising, and consumer protection – and a willingness and ability to learn about the rest.
- 5+ years legal experience (though more, even much more, experience is welcome), including in consumer protection, privacy, data protection, and advertising law, additional experience with intellectual property and content regulation matters a plus.
- Solution-oriented, customer service, and growth mindset – you welcome diverse perspectives and engage problems with curiosity.
- Ability to integrate into cross-functional teams with a cooperative and participatory approach.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to explain complex ideas in a succinct and impactful manner.
- Bar admission or equivalent and in good standing to practice law in your relevant jurisdiction.
- Experience as an in-house adviser for digital advertising products.
- A deep understanding of relevant legal issues impacting digital advertising businesses including advertising self-regulation, privacy, data protection, and consumer protection.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The applicable salary range for each U.S.-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 4 tiers according to a cost of labor index in that geographic area. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary ranges for this role, are set forth below. These ranges may be modified in the future.
- Tier A: USD $162,000 – USD $226,000
- Tier B: USD $154,000 – USD $216,000
- Tier C: USD $146,000 – USD $204,000
- Tier D: USD $138,000 – USD $193,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here and is updated for any future jurisdiction which requires publication of the salary range on the job posting. If your location is not listed, please speak with your recruiter for additional information.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter’s benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.
Legal and Public Policy
San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Atlanta, Remote US