Producer at iHeartMedia
- Location: United States
- Classifications: Remote Part-Time
iHeartMedia seeks quality radio programming that appeals to the interests and views of our diverse listener base, and we believe in delivering a lineup of on-air personalities that represents the opinions and perspectives of our many audiences. Our company purpose is to connect people through companionship and compelling storytelling, and the main way that we do that is through our personalities — all of whom represent the specific communities they serve. As a company we celebrate and include the opinions and differences that make our world unique, and the common element at all of our local stations is that our personalities are relatable and understand the specific interests and concerns of the people they are connecting with.
Serving 91% of the population monthly means that we reach and serve almost every community in America, and we need that same diverse representation guiding our airwaves. Inclusion is about people working together, creating solutions for our many programming and advertising partners across our multi-media assets.
We are looking for Producers to create content and perform production responsibilities for network and local programming. Remote opportunity available.
- Employee will focus on generating content for the network and local operations, including programming, digital content and technical duties.
- Will also perform on air duties, including full on-air shift.
- Will work on all aspects of show production from beginning to end.
- Protects the iHeartMedia brand.
- Creates and introduces new concepts and ideas, provides/solicits content and audience research, identifies suitable ideas from others, carries out thorough research and disseminates which archive and audio resources can be used.
- Pursues information, overcomes obstacles and pitches ideas to senior colleagues.
- Oversees scheduling and supervision of contributors and programs.
- Develops/produces content, writes scripts, plans and sets the show schedule, and directs on-air talent in conjunction with the show outline/time-line.
- Position location TBD.
- Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences; has comprehensive knowledge of subjects relevant to specific radio genres
- Understanding of the radio market, different station/program styles, audience demographics
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills; ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms
- Proven track record of motivating, coaching and leading a team
- Full knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio production; knows when it is necessary, and how to acquire, relevant clearances and licenses, including copyright and music clearances
- Understanding of the requirements of relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
- Excellent IT skills, including data handling, audio editing and image manipulation software
- Ability to build rapport and draw information from people
- Confidence and tenacity when dealing with difficult decisions and/or issues
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience
- 5+ years’ experience as Radio Producer
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Postgraduate studies in Radio Production a plus
- None required
- VIRTUAL, USA
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!