Procurement Specialist at Platform.sh
Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Remote, Anywhere
We are looking for a dynamic and proactive applicant that demonstrated negotiation skills and common sense, detailed oriented with an understanding of legal contract terms. As an international and centralized group, we have a large diversity of vendor agreements from large IaaS providers to Marketing events, as well as SaaS tools.
As Procurement specialist, you will drive end-to-end procurement activities and vendor management in connection with our legal and compliance team, as well as financial controller. You will actively contribute to the implementation of the procurement process and policies as well as budgeting tools. This is a newly created role that reports directly to our Chief Financial Officer.
This is a very diverse position with a lot of personal growth potential.
You can either work remote or from our office in Paris, France. We have a preference for applicants located West-Europe or East-North America but will consider applicants from other locations.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Conducting forward looking analysis on current/future vendors to drive commercial savings and performance improvements
- Managing the end to end sourcing process including commercial and contractual negotiations
- Assisting the wider business in resolving vendor issues and escalations
- Working alongside the Legal and Compliance team to enforce high vendor quality
- Liaising closely with other teams to ensure compliance to sourcing strategy and continuous improvement of procurement processes, especially towards our green objectives
- Lead or actively contribute to the Procurement processes and policies implementation, including Procurement system implementation
What you bring
- A caring mind-frame and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees
- At least 5 years of experience in a global procurement function
- Very good knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Proven successful experience in an international environment
- Solid tooling skills, including MS Excel / Google Sheet
- Very good level of English
Nice to have
- Experience operating in high growth environments, ideally in the technology/SaaS industry
- Proficient in French and/or Spanish
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams. Work from home or from our Paris office, we have it all.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares.
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity.
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications.
- Wellness stipend of US $300 a year
- Professional development budget of US $800.
- Tandem a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages.
- Office budget of US $3,000 at hire, (A computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender.) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away, and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees.
- Company wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company and team meet-ups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic).
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards.
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent).
- Remote working/flexibility.
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK and FR staff only).
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only).
- Company shares (discretionary).