Procurement Process And Systems Enablement Director at Twilio
Title: Procurement Process & Systems Enablement Director
Location: Remote – US
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Procurement Process & Systems Enablement Director to be a key leader driving Procurement process and systems efficiency managing cross-functional projects within the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Org. The person in this role will have a deep understanding of the entire Source to Pay process (S2P), audit, controls, procurement policy and have deep technical and project management experience. This is a critical position to help transform Twilio’s Procurement and Strategic Sourcing partnering with teams like IT, Finance, Accounting, AP, and Legal to scale for the future within Twilio’s fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of project management and process improvement. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in consulting or procurement service delivery and PMP, MPM, BPM or other similar project management or business process improvement certifications; Procure to Pay, Finance or Accounting experience preferred.
- 5+ years experience managing P2P projects like; implementation of ERP and scaling P2P process efficiencies and driving automation for improving productivity, efficiency and systems automation where possible in P2P process.
- Core competencies include; Process Automation, Continuous implements and P2P Transformation. Knowledge of procurement policies, controls, and procedures. Tail spend management, strategic sourcing support, and Procurement operations.
- Comfortable with fast pace, competing priorities, being able to apply a set of tools or a framework to an ambiguous problem by identifying key metrics, mapping the process, performing root cause analysis. Successful managing efficiency and productivity metrics and.
- Lead and facilitate cross functional workshops enabling efficiency in S2P process, ERP and CLM roll out, and Procurement process improvements. Be the owner (as needed) for Procurement projects (incl. P2P process, Fast Buy, ERP and CLM Roll out).
- Pragmatic and collaborative, able to work independently to ensure execution and on time delivery of programs to achieve objectives in procurement efficiency taking into consideration upstream/downstream partner processes, systems, security standards and compliance requirements.
- Tech savvy leader who understands procurement and finance vendor landscape, tool capabilities/gaps and possible solutions. Knowledge of Netsuite, Coupa, and ERP’s is strongly advantageous.
- Extremely organized and analytical, heavy on delivery, and data driven analysis.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with sound business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly and succinctly in writing, presentations and verbally to multiple levels within the organization. Ability to flex between the strategic and tactical as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
As a Procurement Enablement Systems and Processes Director you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Be a master of financial analysis and documentation including process documentation/mapping, clearly articulating root causes and pain points, writing down project schedules, deliverables, meeting notes, delegating and following up action items, etc.
- BE AN OWNER: When given an ambiguous problem to solve, you will lead your direct team and a cross-functional team to understand, analyze, and solve the problem
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Given the cross functional nature of the role, you will work collaboratively with others and will empower them to ensure productivity across the team. You will also empower your direct reports to own their projects and recurring work.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You play a key role as a neutral, third party in some situations where direct and honest communication is required and where data-driven solutions are paramount. You communicate clearly, honestly, and are not afraid to call out shenanigans.
The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement team is a small but impactful team within the CFO org and is key to driving process scaling and efficiency in Twilio’s rapid growth environment.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!