Procurement Counsel at Russell Tobin
Procurement Counsel (Contract-to-Hire)
- Location: Remote, US
- Practice Area: Legal
- Experience: SENIOR
- Title: Procurement Counsel (contract-to-hire)
- Location: Remote
- Type: Contract-to-hire
Our client, an innovator in the parking and delivery technology space, is seeking a technology and procurement counsel with at least 8 years of experience to lead deals and negotiate contracts and agreements across the company’s many different businesses. In addition to traditional procurement experience, there is a strong preference for an attorney with substantial experience in technology and technology-related agreements. The ideal candidate can handle a wide range of procurement and commercial agreements with little to minimal oversight and are able to jump into a dynamic work environment easily.
We love candidates that are agile, resourceful, dynamic, and are able to work effectively with many different members of a legal team. This position would start as a full-time contract position with the company with high probability to convert full-time. If this sounds like you and you’re interested in working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth and innovative start-up environment, we’d love to hear from you!
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts in the technology and procurement spaces.
- Liaise with internal legal experts and general counsel to ensure applicability and sufficiency of existing practices (e.g. GDPR, employment, compliance/regulatory, etc.).
- Assist in the establishment, implementation, and communication of formal policies, processes, and procedures to govern a supplier contract throughout its life cycle.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and improvement of systems to support the contract lifecycle management policies and process.
- Perform industry research on legal matters related to the specific commodities and suppliers managed as well applicable legislation in various regions where the company has a presence.
- Contribute to the holistic negotiation of agreements with suppliers that achieve the optimal combination of service, cost, quality, and risk mitigation.
- Stay abreast of and contribute to sourcing and procurement’s professional trends and functional innovation particularly around legal and contractual matters.
- J.D. and licensed to practice in good standing.
- Roughly 10 years of transactional legal experience, with at least 4 years of experience at an AmLaw100 firm and 3+ years in-house.
- Broad experience in procurement matters.
- Broad experience in commercial contracts preferred.
- Able to handle a wide range of contractual matters with minimal oversight.
- Solid business judgment, including the ability to anticipate and analyze impact and consequences of decisions/initiatives and recommendations.
- Excels in fast-paced environment with many competing demands.
- Meaningful experience with SaaS and data privacy preferred.
- Meaningful experience with PCI compliance preferred.
- Meaningful experience building or improving internal processes preferred.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!