Principle Software Engineer at Pitney Bowes
Title: Principle Software Engineer (Remote)
- Location: United States
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Principle Software Engineer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A Forward thinking Contributor who can develop and enhance innovative cloud technologies, including Smart Lockers and other Inbound Receiving Products. The have knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle, software quality methods, coding standards, agile methods, modern tools, and continuous integration. You are a Resourceful team player who is passionate about collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products to provide for the successful completion of an implementation, and a very satisfied customer.
- Design, write, test, debug, clearly document and release software in support of project objectives
- Work with AWS, Lambda, Elastic Container Service, CI/CD, monitoring and logging tools, escalation tools, and other AWS services
- Meet established deadlines while releasing software of the highest quality
- Analyze system requirements, conduct feasibility studies, and advise alternative approaches
- Propose technical solutions to customer problems; provide consulting, design, and development services to customers requiring advanced integration and customized interfaces to their host systems
- Work effectively on both independent and collaborative projects with other engineers and developers, Project Managers, and customers
- Provide nimble, rapid prototyping for custom projects and new product ideas
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies
- Seamlessly incorporate new designs and systems into existing processes
- Drive improvements to software applications and platform reliability
As a Principle Software Engineer, you have:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of professional experience developing web-based applications
- Strong knowledge of .NET Framework 4.x and .NET 5
- Strong knowledge of Visual Studio Professional and VS Code
- Proven experience with C#, ASP.NET, web services, RESTful APIs, IIS
- Experience with application containerization
- Knowledge with microservices and service-oriented architecture
- Good working knowledge of various database technologies: MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- Good working knowledge of Windows Server 2016+, Windows 10 and Linux
- QA experience with the ability to demonstrate expert-level debugging skills
- Good understanding of DevOps tools and GIT
- Knowledge of design patterns, principles, and best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to participate and interact on a team as well as present in an organized fashion to small and large groups.
- Knowledge of Authentication/Authorization Architectures: Active Directory, SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0, Open ID
- Experience writing test cases and unit tests
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!