Principal UX Designer
We believe that the best way to succeed is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another. We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
About this role
- Design and lead user research activities – interviews, concept testing, participatory design and usability studies
- Work with product management to understand business problems and design effective solutions in npm products
- Support product managers in making clear decisions that promote well-defined, timely, usable releases.
- Develop prototypes, user workflows, storyboards, wireframes, hi-fidelity mock-ups, design specifications, and detailed design assets.
- Define, develop and review all user interface as well as usability requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with senior stakeholders from across the company, maintaining a trusted relationship with Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales, Support and executive management.
- Work directly as part of a cross-functional scrum team to communicate and build elegant user interfaces into npm solutions
- Evolve company design language and standards.
- Mentor and help build out a UX team.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience as Sr. UX Designer, Architect and/or Manager
- Direct experience working with agile teams building, improving and launching great software products
- Understanding of design systems, as well as experience leveragingand contributing to design systems
- Proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools(e.g. Axure, Invision, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience building prototypes to communicate design concepts to users and project partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Unafraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment using methodologies such as scrum
You’ll love this job if…
- You enjoy working with directly with agile engineering teams employing modern software development and release practices
- You love listening to customers to understand their problems and discover what they need to solve them
- You have worked in companies that build user-focused Enterprise SaaS solutions
- You enjoy working directly with product managers and engineers to create terrific user experiences.
- You get excited by collaborating with a dedicated and professional team to deliver amazing results.
- You are inspired by thinking on your feet, making both plans and trade-offs.
- You enjoy solving analytical problems and tracing out edge cases.
- You have a great sense of humor and drive to have fun!