Principal User Experience Designer at TCGplayer
Principal User Experience Designer
- Location: Remote
Who We Are
As the Principal User Experience Designer, you will be a key part of defining the future of TCGplayer’s product design and experience. Your ability to map solutions for deep business problems and history of accomplished interaction design work will set the standard for what an excellent collectibles industry user experience is. In this highly visible role, you will collaborate across the company to build sophisticated and simple interfaces that will be a part of revolutionizing both TCGplayer and our industry as a whole.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter that is invigorated by shipping real-world design solutions. You are no stranger to building experiences that support the growth of a rapidly scaling business; and when you see large problems that span across ecosystems and platforms, you see an opportunity to build something incredible. You are customer-obsessed, and those around you would describe your passion and excitement for the work you do as infectious. You are most passionate about building beautiful and usable experiences but would also consider yourself a collaborative thought leader. Although you’re capable of tackling challenges alone, you know the best products are built with a diversity of ideas and perspectives. It’s second nature for you to make data-informed decisions and leverage design best practices, but you are always hungry to go beyond what’s considered best. The work you ship inspires joy in both your teammates and customers, raising the bar of expectations for both equally.
The Impact You Will Make Here:
- Solve for high stakes and highly visible user experience problems alongside senior leadership and stakeholders
- Work closely with Design, Engineering, Product, and Marketing teammates to find solutions that drive and align with business goals
- Rapidly prototype, build, and ideate on designs informed by user needs, data, business objectives, and technical capabilities; resulting in scalable experiences that can be adopted by multiple groups and span across multiple channels of the business
- Provide design strategy and build solutions early and often throughout projects; communicating this across various teams and with many different roles throughout the company
What You Bring To The Team:
- 8+ years of experience in product, web, mobile, interaction design, service design, or related work; BA/BS in HCI, or related field is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated success at a growth-stage B2B SaaS business and/or online marketplace
- A portfolio of shipped work demonstrating interaction design solutions that you scaled from strategy through execution and market introduction; clearly showcasing how your work supported business growth and objectives
- Expert-level knowledge on aligning to business goals while supporting end-user needs; past experience and design work demonstrating how both lean and polished solutions have met business objectives
- Demonstrated experience conducting or applying agile user research, with a focus on lean usability testing and building data-driven designs; experience with software such as: Hotjar, Amplitude, Heap, Google Analytics, Optimizely, or similar is a plus
- A flexible and gritty mindset that can easily adapt to driving for change and understanding the nuances of a growing business; soft skills that help build the culture of experience design across the business and result in highly usable products
- Experience collaborating with engineers and operation teammates to translate design into code and business solutions
- Expert level mastery of standard interactive design tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Principle, Figma, or similar software
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- Stock options for all employees
- Free coaching, counseling and mental health services
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer is the largest marketplace for trading card games in the world, with nearly 1 billion dollars in sales. Founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space, we have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games, into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers. TCGplayer maintains the largest authoritative database of historical and current prices for the most popular trading card games, and this data powers and connects an entire industry of publishers, buyers, sellers, influencers & developers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S and certified a Great Place to Work by our employees 5 years in a row. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We believe every team member contributes to our success and as such, we provide stock options to all 400 employees, growing to 500 strong by the end of 2021.
With the largest marketplace for collectible card games, in-store tools for local gaming stores and industry leading fulfillment center to deliver products from sellers to buyers, we bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the $25B global collectibles hobby market. The company’s mission is to establish TCGplayer as the most valued and admired company in the hobby collectibles universe by 2025.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!