Principal Software Engineer at Givelify
Principal Software Engineer
We are Givelify®, where fintech meets philanthropy. We help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the world—one simple, joyful gift at a time.
- We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with over 10+ years of experience to join our team with a “lead the charge” attitude. \
- Why is Engineering at Givelify Different: Moonshots are our norm.
- Our product impacts real people on the ground. We build with passion and maintain a high standard of engineering quality.
- We solve unique scalability challenges and you will have the ability to help guide all aspects of Engineering and Product Development.
Some of the meaningful work you will perform:
- PHP/Python: You will need to have strong object-oriented design and development skills and advanced knowledge of PHP, Python or similar programming languages. Knowledge and experience with third-party libraries, frameworks, and technologies is a plus.
- Database: You will need to have strong SQL composition skills. Knowledge of big data and NoSQL databases is a plus! We not only write software that collects and queries data, but we also compose queries for investigation and analysis.
- We collect a lot of data in real-time from our applications and being able to compose ad hoc queries is necessary to develop and support our products.
- Guidance: Participate in and guide engineer teams on all things technical – Architecture definition & Design ownership that not only include technology but Data Security aspects, Deployment & Cloud strategy, CI/CD, as well as coding best practices.
- Analysis & Problem Solving: You will need to understand our codebase and systems and the business requirements they implement so you can effectively make changes to our applications and investigate issues.
- Communication: Whether via face-to-face discussion, phone, email, chat, white-boarding, or other collaboration platforms, you must be an effective communicator who can inform, explain, enable, teach, persuade, coordinate, etc.
- Team Collaboration: You must be able to effectively collaborate and share ownership of your team’s codebase and applications. You must be willing to fully engage in team efforts, speak up for what you think are the best solutions, and be able to converse respectfully and compromise when necessary.
- Knowledge and Experience: A well-rounded software engineer will have broad and/or deep knowledge of various topics, tools, frameworks, and methodologies related to software engineering. None are required, but the more you can bring, the better.
Here are some examples:
- Laravel, Yii and similar frameworks
- Strong API knowledge and development
- Git and GitHub
- Big Data solutions such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search
- Continuous integration and automated testing
- Open source projects s
- Familiarity with DevOps configuration tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins, etc.)
We welcome your talents and experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent work experience
- Technical Leader with at least 10+ years of work in Software Engineering
- Webservices and API development experience within a startup and/or e-commerce environment
- A distinguished member of the engineering community, either through extracurricular activities, publications, associations with orgs (i.e., IEEE, etc.)
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to Givelify such as integrity and ethics
- We are a virtual team of high-performing professionals who innovate & collaborate to fulfill our mission to help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the world – one simple, joyful gift at a time.
- Our culture of integrity, heart, simplicity, & that “wow” factor fuel our aspiration to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive & purpose-driven work environments.
- We take great pride in providing competitive pay, full benefits, amazing perks, and most importantly, the opportunity to put passion & purpose to work.
From places of worship to world-changing nonprofit groups, Givelify harnesses the power of technology to bridge the gap between people and the causes they care about.
Tap. Give. Done. Givelify’s payment solution is designed to make the experience of giving as beautiful as the act of giving.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!