Please note location requirements below.
Principal Software Engineer
Location: Raleigh, NC, San Jose, CA, or Remote
Remote in Eastern, Central/Mid-West, Western, US or Western Europe
CloudBees is a globally distributed company with approaching 400 employees in over 15 countries working together to build the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery system. As every company in the world is becoming a software company, and as software delivery practices evolve from slow, infrequent releases toward continuous delivery supported by CI/CD, DevOps practices and the cloud, this new software category will become the most mission critical new business system in the modern enterprise.
Jenkins is one of the most widely known and heavily used CI/CD solutions and continues to be used in all areas of the software industry. At CloudBees, many of our customers rely on our Jenkins expertise and package offerings to help them run their business. Needless to say, Jenkins and its vast plugin ecosystem is a critical necessity for CloudBees and its customers success.
This role will be focused on ensuring the underlying architecture of the modern CloudBees Core product lines are solid yet flexible throughout its various usages. This includes constantly reviewing the code structure to ensure that it continues to provide us the foundation that is needed to help the product scale and accomplish all of the business needs. You’ll be responsible for gathering a quorum around architectural needs while mentoring and leading other team members on architectural decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure a common solid yet scalable architectural foundation in the UI
- Collaborate with Product, Architects and other Engineers to develop new product concepts and product prototypes
- Conduct new technology research, conceptualize new specifications and designs for the various software components in the UI
- Document and gather consensus around architectural decisions with the team and other necessary stakeholders
- Design, develop, integrate, test and deploy the company’s software while enforcing common patterns within the UI team
- We build our business on Jenkins by offering enterprise solutions (CloudBees Core) and professional services, our customer range from the blue chips to small innovative companies
- We work on various projects in different areas. We are flexible about changing teams and assignments according to the interest and passion of engineers.
- Our Engineering teams are distributed by design. You can work from the office or remotely without feeling disconnected.
- You have an opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and communities during your working time.
- We offer an attractive benefits package including stock options.
What The Role Requires
- Comfortable working with other engineers to gather consensus and enforce patterns and tools
- Deep knowledge of the frontend landscape and its interactions with backend web technologies
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and mentorship skills
- Ability to review, analyze and document code architecture to help with knowledge transfer
- Fully proficient in English written and spoken language
- Nice to have: Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Nice to have: Deep knowledge of React and/or TypeScript
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity gender, racial, ethnic, and global are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.