Principal, Product Operations Manager at Twilio
Title: Principal, Product Operations Manager
Location: Remote – US
Twilio is rapidly growing and looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our R&D Program Management Office. In this position you will effectively partner with Product and Operational leaders across our R&D organizations, by defining, leading and managing the R&D wide planning process.
As an Operations Manager, you:
- Have experience building teams and designing and implementing at-scale practices (e.g., in LESS, SAFe, or Scrum at Scale settings)
- Have deep understanding of Software Development Lifecycle Process management
- Are able to express creative solutions for how to execute on strategic planning initiatives
- Are well-versed in improving How We Work in rapidly growing organizations
- Are confident in collaborating with Product & Engineering R&D leaders in building, getting buy-in, and deploying new and improved processes
- Have experience implementing operational cadences and artifacts
- 7+ years experience in Product or R&D Operations at a large scale organization
A great day for this person and their team spans a wide spectrum such as:
- BE AN OWNER: Collaborating deeply with Product and Engineering leaders to define, manage and lead best practices for organizational planning processes
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Leading programs and processes to make our product teams more efficient and effective, and ensuring cross-departmental alignment through clear and transparent communication
- BE BOLD: Devising strategies to implement plans that increase software delivery predictability
- WRITE IT DOWN: Recommending and implementing best practices to reduce operational tax on teams from having to manage inter and intra team activities
Twilio has a unique culture where all of R&D operates in independent small teams that are cross-functionally staffed and given the freedom to run as fast as they can. Twilio is growing rapidly, the number of initiatives that Twilio takes on is growing, and the number of small teams is growing. This person and the team they build will enable these small teams to continue to be agile in a scalable manner across Twilio. Our small team culture is critical to our continued growth and success.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Communication is at the heart of every business. The creativity of developers in embedding communications into their businesses is unbounded. As a result, Twilio’s growth is unbounded meaning we will take on bigger, broader, bolder initiatives, making you and your team’s success an invaluable accelerant for Twilio to keep growing.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be a permanent remote.. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$146,240 – $201,080
Rest of Colorado:
$127,960 – $175,945
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!