Principal Product Manager – Server, Analytics at Couchbase
Principal Product Manager – Couchbase Server, Analytics
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT – PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Forbes listed Couchbase as one of the market’s next billion dollar ‘Unicorns’ and the Couchbase NoSQL data platform is widely used by leading enterprises to power their business-critical applications.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager with a strong technical background in database systems – someone with product management experience and a good understanding of mission-critical transactional and analytical use cases
As the Principal Product Manager for Couchbase Analytics, you will define the product roadmap and requirements for our industry-leading NoSQL data platform. You will also work with our marketing team to position and generate awareness for our platform, and enable the field teams to help our customers successfully deploy our solutions.
- Drive Couchbase Analytics strategy and roadmap including recommendations on tools, vendors/partners, and technologies
- Engage with customers to understand their use cases and requirements, influence and develop the product roadmap and identify high-value integrations with the broader analytics ecosystem
- Work with the engineering teams to prioritize and drive feature specifications from concept to general availability
- Work with internal functional groups (engineering, marketing, support, sales, etc.) as well as customers and partners to drive feature priorities, product releases and customer engagements
- Contribute to internal and external product-related content like sales collateral, feature blogs and documentation
- Define and track KPIs to measure success of product launches and new features
- 5+ years of experience in the information management industry
- 5+ years highly-focused product management experience in a fast-paced technology company
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- Domain expert in databases is a must with deep knowledge of the database landscape
- Experience with database and analytics systems, including BI and ML tools
- Critical thinker with a strong bias towards action, able to go deep into technology and relate technical enhancements to customer use cases
- Track and record of exceptional performance and work as a collaborative team player
- Clear, crisp communicator with strong written and oral communication skills with superior presentation skills
- Experience in a start-up environment a strong plus
Couchbase’s mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
- A fantastic culture
- A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
- True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
- Great market opportunity and growth potential
- Time off when you need it.
- Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
- Open, collaborative spaces.
- Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!