Principal Product Manager – Global Carrier Network at Shippo
Title: Principal Product Manager – Global Carrier Network
- Location: United States Remote
- SAN FRANCISCO, AUSTIN, OR REMOTE
- PRODUCT / FULL TIME
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business’ ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
We are looking for a strategic problem-solver to drive impactful product improvements that our customers love and that drive Shippo’s business forward. In this role, you will work closely with all teams across the business, owning product strategy and roadmap for our carrier integrations and broader carrier ecosystem. This role is instrumental to our international expansion and growth, so you will need to have the ability to think broadly about the big picture while maintaining a strong focus on execution and impact — all while taking a collaborative approach with design, engineering, and leadership to drive our mission forward. And given that Shippo is navigating its transition from start-up to scale-up, you should be comfortable working in a hyper-growth environment that is fast-paced and where no two days are the same.
- Scale our network of carriers, both domestically and internationally, from dozens to hundreds to increase Shippo’s penetration among e-commerce platforms and marketplaces and thus better serve their merchants
- Lead and nurture Shippo’s relationships with carrier partners to inspire a level of confidence that positions Shippo as the gold standard of shipping enablers
- Leverage your deep technical expertise to drive excellence, standardization and repeatability across our technical product planning and integration processes, elevating Shippo as an exemplary API-first company
- Work autonomously and cross-functionally to create leverage for our Platform & Partners product team and successfully solve for an ambiguous problem space using creative, novel solutions
- Lead product discovery, partnering Design and Engineering, to understand customer needs and discover product opportunities
- Ruthlessly prioritize and develop a product strategy/roadmap, guided by data-driven insights
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics and that identify opportunities for innovation and measure the impact of product launches.
- Assume ownership over and accountability for the end-to-end success of your product area from ideation and strategy to execution and iteration/post-launch.
- 7+ years experience as a Product Manager at SaaS company
- Mastery of written & verbal communication that can flex between a diverse group of people, from engineers and analysts to designers and marketers.
- Strong understanding of API and authentication technologies
- Experience developing platform features and APIs to drive value to end-users
- Experience shipping products in a fast-moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity and dynamism
- Strong experience working closely with industry leaders and able to inspire confidence with key stakeholders, including executive teams
- Proven experience working cross-functionally and building alignment with go-to-market and revenue teams
- Executional focus – do what it takes to keep things moving in the right direction
- Experience at a start-up or small/mid-sized company is a plus
- Experience with e-commerce and shipping is a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!