Principal Product Designer – Rentals at Zillow
Principal Product Designer, Rentals
- Location: United States
About the role
As a Principal Product Designer for Rentals, you will be redefining the experience of the rental process for all involved in the home leasing equation. You will create seamless experiences for those who offer properties and help empower millions of renters to find their dream home. Your role requires a proven track record of applying user-centered innovation to the design of successful mobile and web experiences. You will work closely with product managers, design researchers, other designers, data scientists, and engineers — from initial concept and strategy through the execution of design and then product releases. You’ll act as a leader and mentor a team of designers that create exceptional experiences that exceed the expectations of our customers while balancing the needs of the business.
- Design and prototype elegant, solutions for desktop, mobile, and web apps
- Work collaboratively with product partners to define priorities, plan projects, and design approaches to enable the best experience outcomes for our users.
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with UX researchers, and refine designs with data and user feedback
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain consistency and coherence across the features
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
- Evangelize best UX practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
You are an expert UX practitioner and thought leader who knows how to make everyone around you better. You are a tireless advocate for the customer and know how to inspire others to care deeply about customers too. You are a great collaborator and communicator and understand that the path to exceptional customer experiences is through great partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- Have at least 7 years of experience designing digital consumer experiences
- Proficient in user-centered design methods, exploration, storytelling, and detailed interaction design
- Empathetic and inquisitive
- Passionate for solving problems from big picture strategy to the tiny details
- Experienced launching mobile app and mobile web products in partnership with engineering teams
- Positive, open-minded, with a desire to collaborate and learn
- Have prototyping skills
- Have strong experience in service design
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization — from individual contributors to executive staff
- A self-motivated and positive person that collaborates well with others
- Demonstrated experience and passion for marketplaces, communities, and cities is a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!