Principal Product Designer at RealSelf
Title: Principal Product Designer
About the role
*This fully remote role is open to candidates in most states. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.*
Do you appreciate the beauty/aesthetics category? Are you looking to jump into an innovative, dynamic tech environment? If so, this highly collaborative and respected influencer role may be perfect for you.
Reporting to the Head of User Experience & Design, the Principal Product Designer is the owner and advocate of cross-divisional, interdisciplinary design strategy, UI systems, and user-centered design thinking companywide. You will also drive quarterly product roadmaps in close collaboration with stakeholders across the entire organization, including the Senior Leadership Team members.
As the most senior product Designer, you will play a critical role in building beautiful, smart, world-class experiences for millions of cosmetic customers across the globe in our consumer product and will help define our next generation of provider-facing tools to help unlock new revenue opportunities for plastic surgeons worldwide
As part of our UX team, you have a unique opportunity to help elevate RealSelf as a brand and create experiences that combine the best of eCommerce with the most impactful areas of elective health care.
The Principal UX Designer at RealSelf is a thought leader and a visionary design contributor in both the B2C & B2B spaces delivering on our company mission to create a world where every investment in modern beauty is Worth It.
- Drive conception, alignment, and evangelism of large-scale projects across multiple spaces and teams and lead product design for two product teams.
- Influence across all organization levels (including executive leadership) to gain buy-in for strategic concepts and designs that enable customers to achieve their core objectives.
- Utilize qualitative & quantitative data to inform solutions through a user-centered design approach. Work with stakeholders in product, marketing, and development to communicate your solutions, understand limitations, balance quality & speed.
- Recommend prioritization based on customer impact, business needs, and technical constraints.
- Work with an agile full-stack design team to generate discovery insights, sketches, flows, IA, journey maps, personas, wireframes, and prototypes to clearly communicate the experience strategy/rationale, balancing high-level innovation with the ability to deliver tangible results.
- Help elevate and mature our Design System. Help guide the design team to develop new patterns & optimize Figma integration points. Collaborate with Marketing on additional systems within a system (iconography/Illustrations/photography)
- Contribute to our collective efforts to evolve, refine, and expand our design practice continually.
- Help provide guidance and mentorship by facilitating regular design-internal peer reviews/critiques and work with the Head of UX and Design to elevate the design craft.
You may be the right fit if you have
- Extensive experience as a UX designer with a demonstrable history in designing complex solutions for desktop and mobile platforms in B2C and B2B spaces.
- Owned strategy/research/design end-to-end. You’ve demonstrated experience identifying and evangelizing tactical solutions to strategic problems. Your launches are high quality and have a measurable impact on core customer pain points and business OKR’s.
- A solid online portfolio showcasing deep knowledge in user-centered design thinking, attention to detail balanced with beauty, and usability.
- A strong understanding of research methodologies, task building, facilitation, and trending insights.
- Ability to work in an agile, metrics-driven environment. You experiment often, fail fast, and optimize solutions iteratively at different levels of detail.
- Highly desired but not required skills include experience in design thinking methodologies, workshop facilitation, Figma, React & Storybook.
- Travel is not anticipated for this role.
Our employees work from 26 states in the United States; while we have offices in Seattle, Washington we are a remote-first company.
We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. With COVID-19 we have become a more remote and distributed workforce that understands the value of internal connections and collaboration across all teams.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!