Principal Cybersecurity Engineer at Discover Financial Services
Principal Cybersecurity Engineer
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
The Cybersecurity Security Automation Product team is currently seeking a Principal Security Engineer to join our team. In this role, the Principal Security Engineer will serve as a delivery team member, product contributor and thought leader. They will be responsible for solution engineering and architecting complex systems to assist the various areas of Cybersecurity advance their practices, reduce technical debt, automate processes and modernize workflows. This individual will be a technical leader coaching and guiding the rest of our engineering team. They will work with the Product Owner and various product teams within cyber to thoughtfully and skillfully craft roadmaps and set ambitious yet obtainable goals.
Security Automation Products Description:
By developing solutions and products to automate manual security processes, the Security Automation Products delivery team aims to enable and elevate the various teams within Discover’s ever growing Cybersecurity program. We serve as a highly experienced team of Cybersecurity engineers ready and willing to help solve the problems of yesterday and create the ambitious solutions of tomorrow so our partners can focus on securing our most valuable assets.
- Function as a Delivery Team member, contributing to the development of product features and the completion of Sprint Goals.
- Function as a member of the Agile team responsible for contributing in all Sprint Ceremonies, Refining and maintaining the product backlog and work requests.
- Communicate with automation Product Owner to ensure priority and expectations are set accurately across the team.
- Mentor your teammates in various knowledge areas such as Cloud Security, Infrastructure as Code, Automation Code Development and Scripting etc.
- Develop highly available, scalable and secure platforms using security best practices.
- Create innovative solutions to problems.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of our Product line’s roadmap in partnership with the Product Owner
- Keep an ever vigilant eye on the industry and the enterprise to anticipate needs, identify trends and shifts in patterns across the industry
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of Cloud Engineering, Security Engineering, Secure Development and other emerging Cybersecurity Engineering topics
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the automation of business tasks utilizing Orchestration technologies such as ServiceNow, RPA, SOAR (various security orchestration technologies), Jenkins, Lambda etc
- Perform security assessments for new services and architectures providing recommendations to leadership
- Creatively and securely codify and automate the development, testing and maintenance tasks associated with our platforms using IaC and DevSecOps best practices and methodologies
- Acts as the principal advisor to upper management in Cybersecurity matters. Ensures security improvement designs are evaluated, validated, and implemented as required. Certifies that protection and detection capabilities are acquired or developed using the Cybersecurity engineering approach and are consistent with organization-level cybersecurity architecture.
- Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the team. Provides strong leadership and direction to team members. Provides subject matter expertise across all Cybersecurity technologies.
- Researches, engineers and integrates new Cybersecurity solutions. Applies service oriented security architecture principles to meet organization’s confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements.
- Transforms business requirements into technical specifications. Designs and develops system security measures to ensure Cybersecurity is fully integrated.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Information Technology , Engineering or Related field
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Application Security, Programming, DevOps, Cloud, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related
- In Lieu of education 4+ years of experience and CISSP/GIAC certification
Bonus Points If You Have
- 8+ years of experience in Information Security, Application Security, Programming, DevOps, Cloud, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related
- SANS – CEH, COMP TIA or comparable security certifications desirable
- Advanced experience in Public Cloud Architectures, engineering concepts and design
- Advanced experience implementing Cloud Security and Application Security concepts
- Proficient in various IaC tools such as “Chef/Jenkins/Terraform/Ansible”
- 5+ years experience in supporting and maintaining complex enterprise systems and vendor software
- 3+ years experience cloud engineering or cloud security engineering using public cloud technologies
- 3+ years experience developing and or architecting on container technologies
- 3+ years cybersecurity operations, engineering or analytics experience
- 3+ years experience in a team lead/tech lead position
#Remote #BI-Remote #LI-LJ1
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!