Principal Backend Software Engineer – Navigation at UnitedHealth Group
Principal Backend Software Engineer (Navigation)
job category: Technology
Careers at Rally Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our mission at Rally® is to empower individuals to take control of their health through personalized, data-driven health care information and recommendations that lead to better outcomes. We leverage our digital platform and leading-edge technology to make health care data accessible wherever and whenever people need it, all while ensuring safety and reliability. Here, you’ll help people find the right doctors, give them a clear breakdown of costs, incentivize them to stay focused on their overall health with daily goals, and help them earn rewards such as discounts on a wide range of goods as well as bonuses for reaching fitness objectives. As part of our Rally® team, you’ll have the opportunity to drive change with an innovative healthcare technology company that is dedicated to creating a culture of healthy living. Help us bring real change to healthcare and you’ll experience what it’s like to do your life’s best work.(sm)
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Navigation team where you will help build products that provide a cohesive experience for users to discover and manage their medical portfolio.
- Write high-quality, fault tolerant backend code.
- Build scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks.
- Work with your team to create test plans and ensure quality.
- Monitor production systems and provide on-call support.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Report to the Engineering Manager.
- 5+ years of real industry experience
- 5+ years experience with Scala, Java, or another similar language.
- Commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- Experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS EC2)
- Experience developing/integrating with third party APIs and web microservices.
- Experience with open source projects, a plus
- Experience with Git
- Interest in learning Scala
If you are located in the United States, you will have the flexibility to telecommute*.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $142,000.00 – $196,000.00. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Additional Job Detail Information
Requisition Number 2006628
Business Segment Optum Technology
Employee Status Regular
Job Level Individual Contributor
- San Francisco, CA, US
- Washington, DC, US
- Minneapolis, MN, US
Overtime Status Exempt
Shift Day Job
Telecommuter Position Yes