Principal Back End Software Development Engineer, Authentication Team at Zillow
Principal Back End Software Development Engineer, Authentication Team – Remote
About the team
The Zillow Group Authentication Team builds the infrastructure to empower user identification and authorization across Zillow Group brands. We are passionate about creating tools and APIs that ensure secure data communication and protect our users from security attacks. We are committed to bringing top reliability, scalability, security and user experience to our end users.
We are a tight-knit team with ownership on several critical service stacks. We pride ourselves on the products we are shipping, and truly believe that creativity and innovation lead to success as a team together. We are devoted to delivering the finest products and services, and you will be a key piece in this whole journey.
About the role
On the Authentication team, the principal software development engineer will be responsible for crafting, shaping and delivering critical products and services that support the overall auth infrastructure. Ideal candidates will bring strong leadership to the team, and be able to lead small groups of engineers tackle and solve complex problems in the authentication/security domain.
As a principal engineer, you will:
- Follow the latest industry trends and constantly look for opportunities for the team and Zillow Group
- Provide leadership that helps navigate the team through complicated technical challenges
- Collaborate across diverse groups to ensure smooth project delivery for large cross team projects
- Mentor other engineers on the team and help them achieve their career goals
- Design and implement reliable, performant, scalable and secure back end services
- Advocate for the highest quality of work through unit testing, automation testing and monitoring
- Exercise agile development style to deliver and iterate quickly
- Be a role model both technically and culturally
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- Bachelors or higher degree in computer science or related field
- 8+ years of software development experience with high proficiency in Java, C++/C# or Python
- Proven experience in designing, developing, debugging and delivering web applications or back end services
- Adaptive to Scrum or similar agile frameworks
- Strong experience in mentoring and passionate about helping others grow professionally
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of software engineering and initiative to build better engineering practices within a team
- Efficient communicator who is open to ideas and suggestions
Ideally one or more of the following:
- Experience with TLS/SSL, encryption and OAuth
- Experience with Apache, AWS, databases and/or distributed systems
In additional to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!