Remote Prescription Entry Technician
Must live in either Indiana, Missouri, or Wisconsin
Job ID 2019-3406
# of Openings 1
External Job Type Full-Time
Symbria Rx Services is seeking a team oriented, experienced Remote Prescription Entry Technician who shares our commitment to ensuring the health and wellness of seniors. The Ideal candidate will be a tech savvy, quick study with the ability to wear multiple hats. As one of the few 100% employee-owned companies in healthcare, our business practices are guided strictly by the values to which our employee owners are committed to. For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings.
The primary purpose of the Remote Prescription Entry Technician is the computer data entry of prescription orders and other patient information in an efficient, productive and accurate manner.
Must live in either Indiana, Missouri, or Wisconsin
- Working hours are M-F 9:00-5:30pm but hours could change depending on business needs.
- While the majority of scheduled hours will be 9am-5:30p, this shift is considered a floating position and may be required to work split shift, earlier or later shifts and weekends depending on business needs.
- Contact physician’s office as needed for refill authorization.
- Contact client for verification of orders as needed.
- Open orders as needed, verify eligibility, proof and input prescriptions while maintaining productivity and quality standards.
- Prepare audit sheets and provide feedback to supervisor.
- Forward incomplete or rejected scripts to appropriate department for resolution and track status in the system.
- Initiate and document correspondence and follow up in system.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and supervisor to ensure that best-practices are shared.
- May assist with research of lost or missing orders per internal department requests.
- May provide backup support to other pharmacy groups based on business needs or production levels.
- Answer incoming calls promptly and provide high standard of customer service to the client.
- Use Microsoft Teams (instant messenger) and comply with standard requirements, including:
- Communicate to the Data Operations group each time you are stepping away from your desk which includes, but not limited to, bathroom breaks, lunches, and at the beginning and end of each shift. Notify the group as soon as you return to work.
- Communicate breaks / lunches with entire team (also notify supervisor directly).
- Communicate professionally.
- Ensure confidentiality.
- No patient information communicated through chat.
- If no response within 5 minutes, try calling another team member directly.
- Keep messages brief, yet use complete sentences, no slang.
- Use only for work related communications.
- Should not be used to communicate calls to another team member (use the phone).
Education and other qualifications required
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Illinois Pharmacy Technician License and Certification (CPhT) as per State requirements.
- Long-term care pharmacy data entry experience.
- Advanced keyboarding skills and general computer knowledge of programs including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret prescription terminology and medications and strong knowledge of brand/generic drugs.
- Exceptional time and data management skills, organizational and problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize workload and comfortable working independently.
- Ability to multi-task while talking and listening to clients while accessing, reading and inputting information into numerous computer software applications.
Remote (home office) qualifications required
- Must currently live outside a radius of 100 miles or more from the Woodridge, Illinois pharmacy location.
- Must currently live in a state Symbria Rx Services is licensed in.
- Illinois Pharmacy Technician license must be active and valid or in applied-for status with proof of application prior to start date.
- Permanent residence with a defined working space and mailing address.
- Must be willing and have ability to commute to the Woodridge, IL pharmacy location (or alternate company designated location) at a minimum once per year and no more than two times annually for any mandatory meeting and/or training.
- Ability to complete I-9 work authorization in person preferably at either a Symbria Rx pharmacy location or Symbria Rehab community or may use a notary office as alternative.
- Signed acknowledgement of Telecommuting Policy.
Technical qualifications (applicants must meet all technical qualifications at time of application)
Standardized technology equipment provided by the company includes:
- Desktop computer
- Two monitors
- Phone with teleworker license
- Display port cables
- Keyboard and mouse
Must have high-speed, Internet access provided by a cable or fiber provider (no DSL or satellite). Internet is not provided or reimbursed by Symbria.
- Users with no more than three (3) local devices connected, a minimum connection speed 25 Mbps for downloads, and 5 Mbps for uploads is required.
- Users with four (4) or more devices such as laptops/ computers, mobile phones/ tablets, VOIP home phone, gaming systems, and streaming video systems (Netflix, Amazon Fire/ TV, Google, Roku, Apple TV, etc.), the minimum connection speed required should be 75 Mbps for downloads and 5-10 Mbps for uploads.
- We recommend a wire connection to your home internet router. Slow or poor internet connection may impact or prohibit the ability to perform your job. The use of Wi-Fi air cards’ (mobile hot spots) are prohibited.
- Symbria reserves the right to verify that your system will meet or exceed these requirements.
- Experience with FrameworkLTC and Docutrack systems, minimum two years.
Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement.