Practice Development and Business Process Audit Manager
- Full time
Position: Practice Development and Business Process Audit Manager
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the successful direction and execution of Internal Audit Practice Development Program and Business Process audits as directed by Audit leadership. Responsible for quality assurance and improvement plans across all of audit and provides assurance that audit activities are conducted in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and standards. Drives the management tracking, aggregation and reporting of information and materials as it relates to audit metrics, milestones, risks and issues. Proactively identifies, coordinates and executes strategic department initiatives to advance the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the audit function. Drives colldboration with other risk, control, and compliance functions to ensure strategic alignment. Provides direction to staff through all stages of assigned audits of business processes and vendors including the planning, execution, reporting, tracking auditee corrective action plans, and validation.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Practice Development Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides a key leadership role in the Black Knight internal audit function.
- Performing quality assurance reviews and provide real-time feedback and results to enable Audit to maintain compliance with departmental policies, procedures and International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Assisting in the ongoing management and enhancement of Audit methodology and driving continuous improvement across the department.
- Supports in the identification, prioritization and facilitation of department training needs.
- Management of Audit department policies, procedures and standards.
- Oversees the aggregation and reporting of critical audit initiatives, progress, metrics, milestones, risks and issues.
Business Process Audit Responsibilities
- Directs engagement level and strategic initiatives to be aligned with needs of key stakeholders.
- Manages audit teams to provide seamless, single-point of delivery to internal audit clients.
- Proactively ensures complete understanding of all aspects of each audit engagement, regardless of subject matter.
- Communicates openly about areas of concern or uncertainty to ensure a high-quality, value-added, accurate result.
- Directs effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards.
- Ensures enhanced level of understanding and service to the executive over the assigned area of operational focus.
- Provides high-quality visibility and insight to management so risks and opportunities can be better managed.
- Facilitates proactive, tactical collaboration with risk, control, and compliance functions to ensure alignment of activities and prior efforts to understand and evaluate risk and risk appetite.
- Establishes role as a valued business partner to assigned areas of audit responsibility
- Provides high-quality mentorship and counseling to high potential performers and develops future leaders through tailoring individual assignments, identifying growth opportunities, and providing timely feedback.
- Monitors day-to-day quality of deliverables and direct training activities to reinforce audit standards where needed.
- Represents the audit function effectively in communications with regulatory agencies, clients, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience. Two or more relevant professional certifications such as CPA, CIA, CISA, and CFE.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to see projects through to completion on a timely basis without compromising audit standards or quality – is results oriented
- Requires a strong business acumen with ability to translate risk concepts into practical application giving due consideration to business context and prudent management principles
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and identify risk for further analysis; proactive in communicating new/emerging risks encountered to Audit leadership to ensure the functions best expertise is applied
- Possesses a strong foundation in risk and controls and is able to apply concepts to any process regardless of specialization or area being evaluated
- Requires excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner and is candid and forthright in communicating issues, concerns, and audit activities to all levels of management
- Demonstrates high degree of responsibility in balancing multiple commitments, handling competing priorities yet effectively meeting deadlines and commitments to stakeholders
- Ability to manage integrated audit teams with personnel having a range of subject matter expertise
- Demonstrates leadership through acceptance of responsibility for driving specific, defined strategic initiatives at the direction of the Audit leadership
- Ability to recognize when action is needed to reinforce alignment or make strategic enhancements and is proactive in driving to a result
- Requires strong management skills in addition to effective team building, coaching, and persuasion skills
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application and must be proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate
- Ability to facilitate sensitive investigations with attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Effective negotiation skills and ability to persuade others as appropriate
- Ability to recognize sensitive issues for timely communication and/or escalation to the Audit leadership
- Ability to apply risk and control concepts pragmatically, giving consideration to risk and reward and must be proactive in identifying and understanding known business constraints so proposed alternatives are vetted in advance for practicality
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude with an understanding of real limitations and the ability to push back when necessary
- Possesses an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as finance, technology, operations, and investigations
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, highly-complex environment and adapt to change quickly and adroitly
- Entry-level managerial role.
- Manages the coordination of the activities of one or more functional lines of business with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals; however, direction on technical or subjective matters and evaluation of risk-reward is provided directly from Audit leadership.
- This role serves as the function’s designated liaison to the executive in charge of the assigned operational area(s) and is responsible for providing a single point of audit contact, seamless service, and high degree of audit quality to assigned area(s).
- Provides guidance to team members within latitude of established company policies and handles all employee related issues (e.g., annual and interim reviews, goal setting and merit increases and if necessary employee actions).
- Escalates and works with Human Resources on employee-related performance issues to determine corrective action plans.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to team members in meeting schedules and/or resolving problems.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities.
Typically requires a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience and at least two (2) professional certifications.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
Time Type: Full time