Post Funding Specialist at Cardinal Financial
Post Funding Specialist
Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender whose mission is to prove that homeownership is possible for everyone. By bringing an open-minded approach to an often closed-minded industry, we’re able to embrace every unique financial situation differently in order to craft the best possible loans for our borrowers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service backed by our groundbreaking technology, and these two components of our process come together to complete a simple, personalized mortgage experience. But it all starts with our people.
We believe that no matter where you fit in our organization—Sales, Human Resources, Information Technology, or even re-stocking the break rooms with endless coffee supplies—everyone can influence the experience that we provide to our customers and our partners. We tell our customers and our partners that anything can be reimagined. So why not your career? Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!
Who We Need:
The Post Funding Specialist will be responsible for loan delivery of Cardinal Financial’s closed loan inventory to our secondary investor partners. This position will also handle various duties to support the final investor purchase and transfer of ownership including MERS registration and transfers, document imaging, government insuring, conventional MI activation, and file review. In this role you will be responsible for document imaging that will ensure quick execution of document stack delivery to investor partners. Must maintain a very meticulous pipeline to ensure deadlines are understood and met as it relates to our investor delivery and insuring timelines and fee schedules.
What You Will Do:
- Delivers loan file inventory to investors based on document bundles and stack delivery requirements
- Actively manages and follows-up on delivery, insuring, and Mortgage Electronic Registration System (MERS) pipelines
- Ensures payment of VA funding fees, FHA upfront mortgage insurance premium (UFMIP), USDA guarantee fees and conventional MI fees; submits payment request in a timely manner and follows-up to confirm receipt by the applicable counterparty
- Document imaging into the system of record
- Coordinates the activation of Conventional mortgage insurance (MI) policies through direct reporting with MI providers
- Completes government insuring task based on loan program and agency requirements
- Review and interpret agency and investor requirements to confirm applicable overlays; validate loan file compliance
- Complete MERS initial registration and transfers in compliance with warehouse, investor, and servicer requirements
- Codify post insuring issues to identify areas of improvement for system enhancements to avoid reoccurrence; escalate to Director for review and department communication and training updates
What You Need:
- Working knowledge of the mortgage industry; minimum of 2 years
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Familiarity with the loan sale requirements of a variety of mortgage loan products, including but not limited to: Conventional/HAMP, VA, FHA, and USDA.
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Exceptional computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and comprehend training
- Effectively manage multiple demands and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of urgency required
- Government insuring and MERS experience a plus
- Mortgage investor delivery experience a plus
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader – we are aiming for the top!
- Highly engineered proprietary technology that is revolutionizing the mortgage industry.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day of the month following your start date including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance and much more.
- 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 5%- Effective the 1st of the month following 30-days of employment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!