Platforming Program Manager at Johnson Controls
Platforming Program Manager – WD30103541310
- Remote Position – US BASED ONLY
What you will do
The platforming program manager supports technical director in creating hardware platforms and component reuse by creating business cases and setting up platforming programs within NBUs. The Platforming Program Manager is responsible for establishing operational processes, governance and KPI’s; project cost models and quantify platforming impact; oversee risk and lifecycle management of hardware platforms.
Works under minimal supervision and in conjunction with leaders across all functional groups. Acts independently to resolve challenges and to address opportunities related to the platforming.
How you will do it
- Establish operational processes, infrastructure, KPIs, and governance model to launch CoE operations
- Support and document collaboration between Platform CoE and cross functional CoPs to pro-actively drive consolidation and re-use
- Projecting cost models and quantifying platforming impact
- Overseeing risk and lifecycle management of platforms
- Work with functional group leadership to identify program scope, budget, schedule, resources, and business case
- Lead program kick-off to assemble team, provide program overview including scope, budget and schedule and communicate team member expectations
- Lead team meetings with all functional areas to track progress, identify issues and develop action plans
- Adhere to the JCI internal product development process, holding team members accountable for their deliverables in accordance to requirements and verifying completion of each deliverable
- Manage program budget, accounting for both capital and expense spending by month and by function; for over budget items, document action to recover budget.
- Work with Finance, Project Management and Product Management update the business case on an ongoing basis to ensure financials are properly represented.
- Manage the program scope, ensuring that any scope changes after Phase 1 Exit are documented, communicated and approved prior to including in schedule
- Prepare for and report on program status at the Monthly Program Reviews communicating progress on any prior month identified issues
- Adapt communication style in response to varying situations, groups, and cultures
- Engage and inform others to ensure the desired outcome
- Adjust efforts and approaches to meet goals and deadlines
- Analyze and draw conclusions based on less-than-complete data
- Works under general direction to define and execute development projects to achieve business objectives
- Builds a strong and integrated global team across design centers in US (Milwaukee), India and China.
- Develops a strong working network with peers and functional leaders globally
- Provides leadership to maintain a culture that is driven to execute projects with speed and agility with proper consideration to cost, schedule and scope.
- Encourages excellence, drives accountability and a sense of urgency
- Directs team to define product architectures that maintain alignment with broader platforms and system architectures
- Maintains effective relations with customers, suppliers and partners
- Fosters an environment of integrity and high ethical standards that aligns with the Johnson Controls Core Values
- Works with leaders from across the business to leverage technology development and share best practices
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing programs/projects OR experience working on a program team as a functional lead
- Strong leadership and project management skills; ability to organize and influence people to action
- Experience in product lifecycle management and associated tools and systems
- Expertise in hardware electrical design and processing platforms; knowledge of software systems
- Capable of translating technical specifications to business potential and prioritizing accordingly
- Ability to communicate effectively in a technical environment, including in front of C-level and VP-level stakeholders
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including project planning, project management, and team building
- Experience with a wide variety of structured problem solving processes and reporting tools, including Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent understanding of financial concepts
- Ability to work in a global team environment
- PMP Certification
- Agile Certification in SM, PO or ART role
- Experience working in manufacturing organizations
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
- Primary Location
- Bldg Technologies & Solutions
To all recruitment agencies: Johnson Controls does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Johnson Controls employees or any other company location. Johnson Controls is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!