Platform and Infrastructure Engineer at Humu
Platform & Infrastructure Engineer
Are you interested in championing a product that makes work better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu sends intelligent nudges to every person within a company. These small, scientifically-backed suggestions help each person build better habits, work smarter, and connect with their colleagues—and are the most effective way to drive positive change throughout an organization. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom, and a growing team with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine® deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
As a member of Humu’s Platform & Infrastructure Engineering team, you will focus on the challenge of engineering infrastructure solutions for scale and performance while providing strong guarantees of availability to our customers. You’ll be responsible for delivering large-scale, high-performance, fault-tolerant solutions.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone’s working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our school of fish with people who want to do the same – and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, we encourage you swim into our candidate pool!
Role and responsibilities:
- As a member of our Engineering team, you will design, develop, troubleshoot, maintain and debug the reusable, shared components of a software stack, including data storage, authentication and authorization, data ingestion and sharing, data processing pipelines, and software frameworks.
- Work closely with the People Science and Partner Experience teams to help realize reliable, fast, and thoughtful products for our users that scale with us as we grow.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, maintain and debug the production deployment of our software systems.
- 4–99 years of experience designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining software systems with API’s which are critical dependencies for multiple production systems.
- Driven engineer that is motivated to build a great product and great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Experience keeping mission-critical services alive and running.
- Experience working closely with product engineers, designers, scientists, as well as other non-engineering roles.
- Bonus – if you have prior experience with: Python, infrastructure as code (eg: Terraform), application frameworks to help engineer productivity
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!