Physician Billing – Accounts Receivable Follow Up Specialist at Ensemble Health Partners
Title: Physician Billing Accounts Receivable Follow Up Specialist
Location: United States – Remote
- The Accounts Receivable Specialist role responsibilities include following up directly with commercial and governmental payers to resolve claim issues and secure appropriate and timely reimbursement.
- Identify and analyze denials and payment variances and take action to resolve accounts including drafting and submitting technical appeals.
Other Job Duties include:
- Examine denied and underpaid claims to determine the reason for discrepancies.
- Communicate directly with payers to follow up on outstanding claims, file technical appeals, resolve payment variances, and ensure timely reimbursement.
- Ability to identify with specific reason underpayments, denials, and cause of payment delay.
- Works with management to identify, trend, and address the root causes of issues in the A/R.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of federal and state regulations, as well as payer-specific requirements and take appropriate action accordingly.
- Document activity accurately including contact names, addresses, phone numbers, and other pertinent information.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness by making recommendations and communicating trends and issues to management.
- Needs to be a strong problem solver and critical thinker to resolve accounts. Must meet productivity and quality standards.
Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Must demonstrate basic computer knowledge and demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Must pass typing test of 35 words per minute (error adjusted).
- Excellent Verbal skills. Problem solving skills, the ability to look at the account and determine a plan of action for collection.
- Critical thinking skills, the ability to comprehend tools provided for securing payment, and apply them to different accounts to result in payment.
- Adaptability to changing procedures and growing environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities preferred:
- 2 or 4 year degree.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in medical collections or professional billing preferred.
- Knowledge of claims review and analysis. Working knowledge of revenue cycle.
- Experience working with the DDE Medicare system. Working knowledge of medical terminology and/or insurance claim terminology.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Work Shift: Days/Afternoons (United States of America)
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!