Photography Researcher at Curriculum Associates
Photo Researcher (Freelance – 6 to 9 Months)
Part Time & Temporary Positions
- Remote, United States
Note: This is a 6 to 9 month freelance role. Candidates must submit samples or a portfolio to be considered.
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking a talented and collaborative Photo Researcher to bring engaging and innovative photography to our portfolio of math and language arts curriculum products. The Photo Researcher will work collaboratively across teams to research photography from concept through to completed product. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and will have a passion for exploring and working to solve issues of inequity within education.
The impact you’ll have:
- Join a mission-driven organization focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs
- Be an integral part of creating educational resources that are used by 8 million students across the country
- Develop products in collaboration with the educators we serve, as well as work with industry leaders and organizations to ensure culturally responsive resources
- Work with the CA Design Team to establish creative direction for new core and supplemental products (print and related digital resources)
What we’re looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree or a comparable level of experience
- Strong photo research background with the ability to source photography from a variety of stock agencies, private collections, archives, public domain sources, and photographers
- Experience in educational or publishing and/or media
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work within a collaborative team-based development process
- Proficiency in Adobe CC suite of applications and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of image rights and legal clearance processes
- Ability to negotiate image contracts, usage and fees
- Ability to optimize imagery for digital and print use: including color correction and basic retouching
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!