Photo Editor at Greatist
Photo Editor – Healthline
Greatist is actively seeking an innovative, hyper-creative, Photo Editor to elevate the visual execution of our wellness, news, medical, marketing and social content. As Photo Editor, you will provide inspired, artistic and accurate imagery that furthers our storytelling and enhances our brand standards. You will work cross-departmentally on the Design team and will report to the Sr. Editorial Design Manager and Senior Managing Photo Editor. You must be highly collaborative and fueled by the desire to advance our brand within the health and media categories by winning over the hearts and minds of our audience.
You will need to be reliable, quick, and creative, as this is a fast-paced digital environment that produces over 300 articles per month. You’ll need excellent communication skills to nail deadlines and smash roadblocks. The right candidate must be able to work independently but also thrive on collaboration, and will hit the ground running.
Come (literally) change lives and build something great with us!
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with design, editorial, social, product and marketing on photo research, selection and optimization for editorial content, social campaigns and marketing content.
- Purchase images from stock agencies and other sites, ensuring sources are acceptable and properly cited.
- Keep a high standard of visual execution and brand consistency across all imagery.
- Crop, retouch and optimize images for individual website specifications.
- Utilize and add assets to our Digital Asset Management System.
What We’re Looking For:
- A strong portfolio and 3 to 5 years of experience as a Photo Editor.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and graphic design experience: cropping, siloing, retouching, creating compositions and collages, adding text and saving for web
- Ability to quickly scan through stock imagery and select images that are creative, accurate, and on-brand.
- Experience working with Digital Asset Management Systems
- The confidence to explain and support your thinking, both internally and externally.
- Lifestyle, nutrition, health and wellness experience is a plus.
- The resilience to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines in a very fast paced environment.
- An innovative approach to photography and the ways in which images are utilized.
- A proven track record of success. Awards are cool, results are cooler.
- Ability to take direction well and work as a team.
- You have a strong knowledge of photography, copyright, image manipulation, illustration, and video.
You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and mindset at Healthline – because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world. These are some of the things that are important to us:
- We own our holistic health and are committed to joyful, healthful lives
- We listen, commit to inclusion, and work to empathize with our co-workers and with everyone in pursuit of health and well-being
- We take accountability for our work and our team’s results
- Continuous improvement in our work and our ability to realize our vision requires passion for innovation, a willingness to fail, and the discipline to measure
- New ideas and different perspectives make us better allies for each person who turns to Healthline
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages, one day/week remote option and comprehensive health benefits
- Also, we’ve got cozy canine companions in the SF office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world. Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019.
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Healthline, Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!