Philanthropy Engagement Officer at FOCUS - Fellowship of Catholic University Students
Philanthropy Engagement Officer
Mission Development Department
Location: Golden, CO or Remote
- Encounter something more here. At FOCUS, our motivation is to reach every person with the message of Truth to change their lives and those around them.
- At our conferences and events, our specialty is to bring seekers together and offer extraordinary experiences of encounter with the Gospel of Jesus and the Catholic faith.
- FOCUS has an immediate opening for an entrepreneur-minded individual on fire their faith and with a passion for philanthropy to help build a new giving program focused on increasing the number of FOCUS contributors to the mission, and helping to identify Major and Planned gift opportunities.
- The Philanthropy Engagement Officer will focus on inviting benefactors to join us on a mission through cultivation, stewardship, and gift request activities engaging benefactors by phone, at events, and in-person through local one on one meetings as needed.
Portfolio Management (approximately 65%)
- Manage a robust portfolio of 350+ benefactors and prospects with an annual giving interest and capacity of $500-$5,000.
- Contribute to the development and growth of Philanthropy Engagement Program by implementing and reporting on activities and strategies aimed to increase the number of annual contributors and contributions
- Develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies
- Make renewal solicitations, new solicitations and additional gift requests
- Invite benefactors closer to the mission and care for them as the move through contribution opportunities with FOCUS.
- Work with supervisor and team members to master and apply the principles of integrated fundraising strategies, drivers of giving, benefactor retention, great stewardship and giving cycles.
- Effectively and consistently reach out to benefactors via phone, email and personal visits to advance their affinity for and support of FOCUS.
- Consistently record all benefactor contacts and provide weekly updates to the team.
Special Event Programs (approximately 10%)
- Proactively participate in and support FOCUS opportunities that engage benefactors.
- Collaborate with other FOCUS teams to identify and qualify new opportunities within their portfolios.
- Represent FOCUS at Catholic and related meetings/events.
Comprehensive Stewardship (approximately 25%)
- Contribute to the development of a quality, integrated stewardship program.
- Working across teams to build annual timelines, goals and strategies for a stewardship program.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of demonstrated fundraising or mission support experience and interest in mastering the fundamentals and principles of fundraising practice.
- Fearlessness commitment and demonstrated skill in calling benefactors, inviting benefactors to increase support, securing meetings, and soliciting gifts.
- Interest, and preferably experience, in Catholic evangelization, and a dedication to promoting FOCUS’ mission and resource priorities.
- Your communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving and professional skills will be vital for your success in this role.
- You demonstrate perseverance, optimism and a positive attitude when working with benefactors and colleagues.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!