Pharmacy Licensing Manager at Capsule
Pharmacy Licensing Manager
Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it – we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews – and we’re expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. We’ve raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet and healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
The Pharmacy Licensing Manager is a critical role for Capsule. You will be on the frontlines of keeping Capsule compliant with legal and licensure requirements as it grows across the United States at a breakneck pace. You will own Capsule’s licensure processes across all 50 states, ensuring that Capsule has completed appropriate documentation and interfacing with relevant officials (e.g., state boards of pharmacy) to make sure they have what they need from the company. You will own all change management processes for these licenses as we grow, and manage license renewals. You’ll also help Capsule interface with relevant Medicare and Medicaid programs, and assist in all processes around contracting, along with helping Capsule meet all of its regulatory and compliance requirements as needed.
While Capsule HQ is located in New York City, this role can be located anywhere in the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply for and receive pharmacy licenses in all new states Capsule enters.
- Own and manage all relevant license renewals and transfers; and generally interface with state regulatory stakeholders around anything needed to effectuate proper licensing, including as relates to location changes, acquisitions or other relevant operational changes.
- Research and provide guidance as needed on relevant regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Track and maintain licensure and contracting databases for all Capsule pharmacies.
- Update information with regulatory agencies on a regular and defined cadence in the event of a change in pharmacy or corporate information.
- You have 5+ years of experience in pharmacy licensure, and exposure to other pharmacy regulatory/contracting/compliance functions.
- You’ve completed dozens if not hundreds of pharmacy licensing processes and managed pharmacy license renewals across multiple states.
- Preferred – paralegal certification or other similar relevant experience or training.
- For remote employees – a record of accomplishments in a remote role or otherwise some sense of your ability to operate effectively without being at the home office.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You’re a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don’t view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet – you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds – including but not limited to – race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!