- CLINICAL STRATEGY AND SERVICES – CLINICAL TEAM
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
The Clinical Pharmacist will serve an invaluable role to ensure patients’ clinical needs, especially pharmacy-related, are treated with industry-leading interventions.
The Pharmacist will play a key role serving members across the United States while working directly with our team of generalist and specialist clinicians, ancillary team members, and non-clinical care team staff including care coordinators and records specialists. This role will include direct member interaction, using the Pharmacist’s expertise to serve members within the scope of Grand Rounds’ product offerings, which can include treatment guidance, medication support, and navigation/coordination. Interventions may be provided by Grand Rounds or through avenues such as local care, community resources, or other available plan benefits, with guidance by the Pharmacist and other clinical team members. The Pharmacist will also serve as a key internal consultant to clinicians, supporting the clinical team in caring for members’ pharmacologic needs.
The Pharmacist will also work with clinical leadership as Grand Rounds seeks to improve the health of entire populations. This may include pharmacy intervention development/improvement, assessment of internal and external pharmacy solutions to care for members, and ROI methodology input. As Grand Rounds seeks to impact both quality and cost for populations under our care, this Pharmacist will collaborate with leadership, using his/her expertise to maintain cutting-edge, visionary care.
- Directly serve members by providing clinical pharmacy services within the scope of Grand Rounds’ products.
- Assess members’ pharmacologic needs, ensuring they receive evidence-based, clinically appropriate care, and navigate members to providers or health care benefits to ensure high quality care
- Support the greater clinical team by consulting on pharmacy related questions
- Work with our training team to train clinical and non-clinical staff as appropriate on key pharmacologic clinical issues
- Assist leadership in building pharmacy solutions for membership
- Partner with both customers and provider engagement team to influence pharmacy interventions for members broadly beyond Grand Rounds’ internal direct care
- Support in the development of Grand Rounds’ long-term pharmacy strategy, as needed.
- Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited program
- Licensed and in good standing with the pharmacy board of his/her state
- Practiced clinical pharmacy for several years (preferred)
- Comfortable discussing a wide range of medical conditions
- Highly empathetic. You’ll work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. You need to keep perspective, be empathetic, and be reassuring that you will help them
- Efficient. We are a fast growing company and we are busy! You will have lots of work to do and will be expected to meet volume goals without sacrificing quality. We’ll give you the tools you need to succeed, but you’ll have to be an efficient worker
- Flexible and comfortable with working in a rapidly-changing environment. Grand Rounds is constantly evolving, and our clinicians need to be able to thrive in these types of situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You will spend a lot of time on the phone with patients and families, therefore the ability to gather a clinical history, answer questions, and give a great “phone experience” is critical
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgment to appropriately juggle your responsibilities
- Able and willing to work until 6:00 pm local time, with occasional weekend commitments as well
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information
- Pleasant responsive, and willing to work with and learn from our team
- Excel at communicating with patients and clinicians, and enjoy doing so
- Collaborate well across a multidisciplinary team with clinical and non-clinical members to deliver a seamless, top-quality care experience to patients.