Performance Tester at PRA Health Sciences
Job Locations: (All) | US-CA-San Jose | US-CA | US-CA-San Ramon | US-Remote
Does solving hard technical challenges appeal to you? Do you want to find a balance that still lets you be, well, you? Most of all, do you want to do it in a place where you’re more than an employee number?
Still here? Good. Because if this is you, we’d really like to meet you.
The Performance Tester fulfills a key role within PRA’s Nextrials Division (San Ramon, CA). They will analyze needs, determine requirements, and develop and maintain applications in a fast-paced, intricate environment. The role will follow standard operating procedures to deliver high-quality technology solutions to clients, departments, and users.
- Analyzes and translates business requirements into functional and non-functional system requirements
- Participates in design sessions and provides input on the processes and software solution
- Designs technical solution, tests, and develops software to satisfy demand
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems that conform to company’s information technology principles, compliance levels, and architecture
- Partner with infrastructure and architectural heads to ensure the application meets service-level standards and roadmap requirements
- Follows directives and standards on programming style and documentation
- Develops and maintains new and existing applications under supervision of senior team members
- Participates in the creation and execution of smoke, unit, and regression testing on projects
- Performs root cause analysis on system performance, using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources
- Provides training, technical support, and documentation to peers and end-users
- Routinely communicates project statuses (progress, dependencies, issues encountered, time remaining) to the team
- Participates in code reviews by providing input and ensuring code developed adheres to established development standards and best practices
- Creates custom and ad-hoc reports
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience working on large scale applications.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot application issues.
- Strong ability to design & organize software test plans.
- Experience with UNIX and/or Linux programming.
- In-depth SQL knowledge and usage with major platforms (mySQL, PostgreSQL,Oracle, DB2 or MS SQL Server).
- Performance testing of Web Applications like JMeter, Webload, LoadNinja, SmartMeter.io, etc.
- Continuous Integration (CI) environment and configuration experience (use of Github webhooks, gitlab pipelines, etc.).
- Experience with Java, C, or C++.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Iterative, Agile).
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements dictated by business and IT.
- Ability to translate business requirements into system functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills including presenting, collaborating and persuading.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Experience with software testing in a FDA regulated environment (GMP, GLP, and GCP systems) is highly preferred.
- PostgreSQL experience.
- Database administration skills / experience.
- Experience with Scripting Languages (Shell Scripts, Python, Perl, Powershell).
- Web application troubleshooting experience (Front-end and backend).
- Familiarity with RPA tools like Automic, Blue Prism, UIPath, etc.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!