People Partner at Calm.com
People Partner (HRBP)
- Anywhere in the U.S.
We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 75 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Calm is searching for a seasoned and skilled People Partner to join our team in San Francisco. This individual will support our leadership and employees to deliver strategic partnership for people programs and people experience at Calm. This isn’t just about running a smooth promotion process, our People Partners need to have a solid understanding of our business, a connection to our employees and a passion for our culture. They develop relationships across the organization which enable them to anticipate people needs, proactively address pain points, and ensure a workplace where everyone can contribute. Our People team is focused on enabling our business to scale, our managers to lead, and our people to thrive. The People Partner will play a critical strategic and tactical role to achieving those outcomes. This is an opportunity to be part of an organization where you can influence the thinking around our people processes and systems, resulting in direct impact on our employee experience. This role will require collaboration across all functions within Calm. Did we mention this person will be the first People Partner ever at Calm? This means you love figuring out things that haven’t been tackled yet and thrive in environments that are growing quickly and ever changing.
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to senior leaders
- Ensure the delivery of innovative organizational development solutions and cutting edge People services across career development, performance management, leadership development, and culture
- Identify and deploy impactful strategies and policies that enable the organization to perform effectively and scale efficiently as it grows
- Partner effectively with other cross-functional teams such as Talent Acquisition, Ops, and Exec teams
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Develop knowledge and skills to reinforce the Calm culture with leaders and employees
- Drive cross functional HR projects and initiatives as needed
- Partner with functional and business leaders to develop and lead an effective People strategy as needed
- 10 yrs minimum, 5+ preferred of core HRBP work
- Results oriented individual who operates with the business outcomes in mind while ensuring the best employee experience. Drives continuous improvement
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills
- Comfortable working side by side with the team when needed, and proven collaborator
- Commensurate experience in an HRBP leadership role, preferably in a start up environment
- Experience understanding strategic organizational issues and influencing change
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate people and business strategies
- Very comfortable with ambiguity and motivated by building and finding solutions
- Very comfortable using data to identify insights that drive action
- Consulting, coaching and facilitation experience is a plus
- Demonstrated net positive contributor to company community and culture above and beyond job duties
- Experience across both larger established organizations and smaller high growth ones.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Take what you need PTO policy
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!